Thread: Last trip out for the season.

Last trip out for the season.

Well it looks like the weather is going to be winterlike starting tonight as we are supposed to get some snow. I ain't gonna complain either as I have had some really good hunting weather up till now. I went out Saturday for a few hours and didn't find much as we went to three new spots that really did have a lot of potential. It was a tent stake day for me. I found seven of the military aluminum stakes. I keep them to give to friends that either just camp, cover their firewood piles, or for their deer camps. I'll keep the battery pack in the DFX just in case something changes though. Who knows, three years ago I was hunting on Jan. 2nd with absolutely 0 snow on the ground. Hey Steve you gonna get some of this system that is coming in Wed. into Thursday? I tried the mixed mode program and it seemed to work real well. It will however take some getting used to as it is more noisey. But it does go deeper. thumbsup01
    Minelab ETrac,Whites BH-ID, Fisher F2, Vibraprobe PP,Bullseye II PP.

Re: Last trip out for the season.

our weather changed over night also yesterday was 75-this morning started raining at 1am now north wind and temp of 50.at least we don't get snow here.what a difference a day makes.stay warm and tune up gear over the time off-although have heard of people hunting yr round snow and all
    knowledge that isn't passed on is wasted

Be optimistic!!!...this year we will be able to detect well into February!!! thumbsup01 Actually we can for sure...though we might need a backhoe and jack hammer to dig anything...

Quote Originally Posted by hoser View Post
    Well it looks like the weather is going to be winterlike starting tonight as we are supposed to get some snow. I ain't gonna complain either as I have had some really good hunting weather up till now. I went out Saturday for a few hours and didn't find much as we went to three new spots that really did have a lot of potential. It was a tent stake day for me. I found seven of the military aluminum stakes. I keep them to give to friends that either just camp, cover their firewood piles, or for their deer camps. I'll keep the battery pack in the DFX just in case something changes though. Who knows, three years ago I was hunting on Jan. 2nd with absolutely 0 snow on the ground. Hey Steve you gonna get some of this system that is coming in Wed. into Thursday? I tried the mixed mode program and it seemed to work real well. It will however take some getting used to as it is more noisey. But it does go deeper. thumbsup01
    I hear ya Bill! I don't know if you watched my video at all but things have started changing here too. Looks like the next system is going to miss us with only 20% chance of snow. Glad to hear the mixed mode is working for ya though!

All you guys in the arctic can keep that snow!
    [move]White’s MXT Minelab E-Trac Oldest coin: 1875 Indian Head Cent Oldest Silver Coin: 1886 Seated Liberty Dime[/move]

snow , winter,cold sorry to hear that Bill , i'll be hoping for an early spring for ya
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Well I'm trying to think positive, hopefully if the rain stops I will get out to detect tomorrow in between showings before we get you know what in Maine, so I'm taking it &quotne Day At A Time. thumbsup01
    E-Trac, Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium.

Forget about that snow stuff lol You can still dig in it. You may need a small sledge hammer and chisel, but it's doable.... trust me I know
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold