Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This will knock your socks off.

Re: This will knock your socks off.

Now that is one strange piece of art... quite detailed, but not representative of anything I am aware of in movies, comics or art deco. Strange.... RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector

I think she is Maria from the 1927 Fritz Lang movie Metropolis. Look at the pictures of her on Wikipedia, the costume is very similar. There may be better pictures if you google it. Take it to Antiques Roadshow or send them a pic, I have a feeling it is quite (very) valuable!
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger View Post
    I think she is Maria from the 1927 Fritz Lang movie Metropolis? movie. Look at the pictures of her on Wikipedia, the costume is very similar. There may be better pictures if you google it. Take it to Antiques Roadshow or send them a pic, I have a feeling it is quite (very) valuable!
    Ferrous ,
    I think DaddyDigger is right . I'll bet what you have there is one of a kind .Nice save .

Baba