Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gold Rush

Gold Rush

The dramatics on that show are enough to make me wanna stop watching .....
    Someday, I wanna be a vampire

Re: Gold Rush

lol lol lol I know what you mean !!
    I would give my sixth toe to be up there doing that with them.
    I wanna go to Alaska and prospect soooo bad
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Yes.... the show is almost getting too frustrating to watch. :bangahead01:

It is simply one screw up, break down or set back after another. I started watching it, really pulling for these guys but now I just find myself wondering what is going to go wrong next?

.... but I still hope they will finally hit it big.

It's so ridiculous the drama in that show, and then they add all the dramatic music to boot, just about every time I watch it I'll skip around through it to get to the good parts. I did watch the entire one from last friday though.

That show blows

This show is what you get when you mix a bunch of drama queens, poor writing and a flawed concept.

I gave up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ec121connie View Post
    This show is what you get when you mix a bunch of drama queens, poor writing and a flawed concept.

I gave up on it.
    My sentiments exactly thumbsup01
    Having fun is what it is all about!

I would love to be able to hunt old tailings for nuggets up there. While I was in the service 3 friends of mine rigged up a small outfit in the hills in California, the one guys uncle owned a bunch of property right in the middle of a gold area, they were able to make a living while they were doing it but that's it, when summer break was over they were all going back to college. They did it for 2 summers.

Howdy Folks!
    Since that show started, I've found more gold by using my metal detector in Denver/Aurora/Front Range at large than those guys have found with big investment and working really hard without much success. I'll wager almost everybody on this forum has found more gold using their metal detector than those clowns have found and without all the expense and failure they've enjoyed. Notice how not one of them took the easy path of getting a metal detector to try and locate a likely site? Maybe a two box detector to find a good place to dig? No... that would make sense or something. Just descend upon a site and start ploughing holes all over the claim! Great approach! Nice! Maybe a survey using GPR would have been handy? Naw, just start ripping up ground! Terrific!

I'm thinking those guys couldn't find a hole on a golf course. They may eventually find gold, but then again, even a blind pig will find a truffle now and then. They surely ain't using any logical process that I've observed.

Now I'm rooting for the bears!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Quarters = 123
    Nickels = 60
    Dimes = 104
    Pennies = 246
    Half Dollars =
    Dollar Coins = 3
    Total Coins = 535
    Gold Sale 2/5/13 = $25.50
    YTD = $73.21

Its Going to be a Shpadoinkle Day!

Gunning for Gold!

That show is starting to get on my last nerve I do hope they find the gold even if they have to stumble into it rofl

Howdy Folks!
    Looking at the previews from next week, it don't look like they're getting any smarter!
    In fact, I saw one shot where one of them yahoos pushed on the only guy in the crowd who knows what he's talking about... the engineer sent by the claim owner to keep an eye on things and help where possible. Guess they don't want to hear from the one guy who knows the business.

Those guys are starting to give stupid a bad name!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Quarters = 123
    Nickels = 60
    Dimes = 104
    Pennies = 246
    Half Dollars =
    Dollar Coins = 3
    Total Coins = 535
    Gold Sale 2/5/13 = $25.50
    YTD = $73.21

Its Going to be a Shpadoinkle Day!

Gunning for Gold!

Veteran Member

The show is kind of like a how-two on how to not gold prospect.
    Some of the folks there are just a bunch of idiots. Its a wonder that no one has been killed yet.

Veteran Member

I watched about 10 minutes of it and that was enough
    V3i DFX 10 DD 6x10 DD 4x6 DD DX-1

Not a single person on that show have a clue to what their doing or needs to be done .... I'd be embarrassed to heck to be one of the show..
    Today is my day

Quote Originally Posted by zrickkid View Post
    Its a wonder that no one has been killed yet.
    After we watched the first couple of episodes I said... Someone is going to get seriously hurt before the end of the season.

Do you all remember the chain saw clip or any number of things that 'Jack' has donethinkingabout:

I just can't fathom there is actual living breathing people in this world that will do some stupidity like that .... example:

Bring ur kids & wives to a place that they are lower on the food chain 8/ 8/ , miles from nowhere and then waste ur apparent needed bullets to protect them on blowing them in the air for 4th of July

Smother ur kids with deet 24/7 to ward off the bugs, ohhh I could go on & on - what is wrong with these people

TV's getting way too stupid

Veteran Member

i watched about 15 minutes and that was enough . im with judy . TV is getting rediculous
    im an american proud and free, a son of the south dont tread on me

I gave up TV a long time ago. We don't have it anymore. I get all my stupidity straight from the internet now rofl Much better
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

tv just aint worth the money they charge anymore,in my case i pay dish network a month ahead before i get the service,if you're late payin they send a threatning message of cancellation across your screen. These reality shows reflect the dumbest and most bizzare people on the planet.But don't worry you're alright and so am i. I think
    If it wasn't for flashbacks, i would have no memory at all

It would seem someone that knows how to use a metal detector might come away with alot of gold out of the area they are mining, I don't think it would do them any good as you would have to already know how to use one before you get there. Even if they did have one before I don't think any of them are smart enough to learn how to use it with even a year of trying to learn it, lots of people that get a detector either give up to quick or just aren't smart enough to operate one. I'm sure lots of detectors people buy end up in the closet never to be used again, some people don't learn real easy and some expect to find old coins in a ten year old park where there was nothing there before that. I really don't think any of them could hold a job at a fast food chain but then again usually people like that was my boss making the good money and these companies wonder why they end up going broke. It used to be back in the day knowing your job and hard work would get you to the top but now days the lazy dumb people get promoted, I guess they figure well they are not going to work anyway and before they get hurt or hurt someone else well just make them a boss.
    MXT300 D2,950,6x10,4x6