Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gold Rush

Re: Gold Rush

Howdy Folks!
    I just gotta echo what Judy said about kids. If a grown man or woman wants to go off to Alaska and make a profession of idiocy, that's one thing. To drag young kids out there like sacrificial lambs for the bears, smother them in DEET, feed them untested water, expose them to an unknown pandora's box of chemicals used in gold mining, not to mention a catalogue of pathogens carried by insects available to their beloved sons and daughters, and I tend to get brittle.

It is one thing, by mote of your own free will, to put yourself in peril. It is entirely another thing to foist the experience on kids who have no choice in the matter.

And the scariest part of the show is... these bozos have figured out how to reproduce!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Quarters = 123
    Nickels = 60
    Dimes = 104
    Pennies = 246
    Half Dollars =
    Dollar Coins = 3
    Total Coins = 535
    Gold Sale 2/5/13 = $25.50
    YTD = $73.21

Its Going to be a Shpadoinkle Day!

Gunning for Gold!

Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post
    And the scariest part of the show is...[color=red] these bozos have figured out how to reproduce!
    thumbsup01 rofl rofl rofl

I think the stupidity has a LOT to do with the overdrama.. Like Chum on Pawn Stars.. everyone says he's an idiot.. right to his face, If he was 'really' that stupid, why keep him around ? Drama.........
    Someday, I wanna be a vampire

I'm not so sure its pretty hard to fake stupid, especially the look sometimes you can just tell just by looking at someone, but it doesn't really matter I'm sure they will get plenty from just doing the show so they won't have to worry about finding any gold. If I was to go up there for only a few months I wouldn't have built those cabins they should have just taken a couple trailers there is only like eight of them I think and wouldn't have brought the family for only a few months. I think one person could have panned as much gold in that time as they have now, why even waste the time building those cabins when you should have been going for gold right away.
    MXT300 D2,950,6x10,4x6

How much are they making for the weekly series? They gotta be making something it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by giant056 View Post
    How much are they making for the weekly series? They gotta be making something it seems.
    Howdy Pard!
    I'm guessing that's where their original $150k came from. They quickly blew through that money.

What's astounding is what they failed to do with their money.
    No site survey to determine the best probability of finding gold.
    No mining expert or geologist to consult with before sinking a hole.
    No electronic survey to determine the likely location of gold.
    No consultant on building a proper wash plant, sluices, shaker or
    other gear for catching gold.
    No preliminary consultation on materials management (so fish and
    game came along to explain it to them with a loss of time and effort.)
    Ever notice how they'll bring in a consultant only *after* they've FUBARed something?
    Usually real badly? Delta-Uniform-Hotel!!!

The list could go on and on, but you get the idea.

They say ignorance is bliss, but in their case, it is also real expensive too!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Quarters = 123
    Nickels = 60
    Dimes = 104
    Pennies = 246
    Half Dollars =
    Dollar Coins = 3
    Total Coins = 535
    YTD = $73.21

Gunning for Gold!

Some many years ago I heard a low level network guy say The primary reason shows like Survivor are on the air is that the people watching them are dumber than those acting in them.

Sounds about right.

I think they might be making alot more than the 150K, my daughter watches some show I think maybe MTV about teenage parents and one of them here in IN got into trouble with the law because of hitting her boyfriend on the show and the judge made her say how much they was paying her, I believe it was 280K. She is only one of many on that show so they are all making that much on the MTV show probably.
    MXT300 D2,950,6x10,4x6

Quote Originally Posted by Ill Digger View Post
    I wanna go to Alaska and prospect soooo bad
    Me too! I think we should all get together and show 'em how it's really done! And we'll leave our kids at home...

I'm totally frustrated too :bangahead01: this could be SUCH a good show!!! Was so psyched when it first came out. Gold Rush and I Shouldn't Be Alive are the only 2 shows I look forward (now that Lost is over). Oh and of course there's Antique Roadshow...

Anyway, I told hubby that if they don't find a good amt of gold in the next show I am outta here!
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

I figure the next show will be enough to string you along to watch the next one, pretty much the same as the last few. You know they're gonna find a good amount of gold before it's over anyway (at least I think so)

Quote Originally Posted by ec121connie View Post
    Some many years ago I heard a low level network guy say The primary reason shows like Survivor are on the air is that the people watching them are dumber than those acting in them.
    Sounds about right.
    Howdy Kiddo!
    That would assume that everybody is blessed with sufficient psychic ability to know how stupid it is before watching the thing. Kinda judging a book without even looking at the cover. Once you do watch one of those shows, it becomes like a car wreck about to happen before your eyes. You don't want to see the devastation about to take place, but good luck trying to tear your eyes away.

Once you watch a single episode, you're hooked into a state where you just gotta keep watching to see how dumb it actually gets before the smoke clears. You think They can't really be that dumb! and watch hoping for some ray of light to prove your theory. And at times, you'll see glimmers of hope. Usually right before they do something even stupider than anything done so far.

It's a little like watching a gorilla play Hamlet, and when you already suspect the gorilla can't play Hamlet, you're hooked by how badly mauled the audience is when it goes berzerk!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Quarters = 123
    Nickels = 60
    Dimes = 104
    Pennies = 246
    Half Dollars =
    Dollar Coins = 3
    Total Coins = 535
    YTD = $73.21

Gunning for Gold!

Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post

Howdy Kiddo!
    That would assume that everybody is blessed with sufficient psychic ability to know how stupid it is before watching the thing. Kinda judging a book without even looking at the cover. Once you do watch one of those shows, it becomes like a car wreck about to happen before your eyes. You don't want to see the devastation about to take place, but good luck trying to tear your eyes away.

Once you watch a single episode, you're hooked into a state where you just gotta keep watching to see how dumb it actually gets before the smoke clears. You think They can't really be that dumb! and watch hoping for some ray of light to prove your theory. And at times, you'll see glimmers of hope. Usually right before they do something even stupider than anything done so far.

It's a little like watching a gorilla play Hamlet, and when you already suspect the gorilla can't play Hamlet, you're hooked by how badly mauled the audience is when it goes berzerk!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Well you might tell it to the network guy. I'm sure he would smile, wink at his buddies and agree with you. Sounds like you made his point.

As soon as I find Kiddo I'll see if he has anything to add.

Regards,

what ya gotta do on a show like this is record it and skip over all the crap to see what they really get.

I thought I read somewhere that a local in Alaska reported that they went bust and only found something like 14 oz of gold. Of the 8 shows or whatever there has been I've only seen one day of actually mining going on... Instead of praying to God for Him to give them gold... perhaps a brain would be first in order.
    CTX 3030, Garrett Propointer
    2013 Silver count: 27
    2012 Silver count: 30
    2011 Silver count: 58
    2010 Silver count: 77

A couple years back Steve a guy up in Alaska told me if I ever make it to Alaska to look him up first, he knows where the good tailings for detecting are. Steve has a gold mine up there and does well. You wouldn't believe some of the nuggets he's dug there.

Quote Originally Posted by ec121connie View Post

Sounds about right.
    You've got that right Connie. thumbsup01 thumbsup01
    I've watched one episode of that stupid show and had no problem tearing my eyes from it. I can not tolerate STUPID people
    I can only please one person per day,,,today is not your day,,,tomorrow isn't looking good either.

2011 silver coins> 18,,,,13 IH,,,,2 V nickels,,,2 Shield nickels
    2010 silver coins >4,,,,the year that wasn't
    2009 silver coins> 77> 49 IHs> 15 V nickels>9 Buffs

They would have done better to just pan the river they diverted for their water pond.
    If you're going to do something like this you get at least ONE person that has some experiance with that type of gold mining. I'm glad that reality isn't really the way they show it on those shows. But i do believe that the people on Jersey Shore are really as stupid as they appear! rofl
    I lost intrest in reality T.V. when i found out that survivor wasn't gonna be, we leave all these people on the island with only basic supplies and whoever survives longest. WINS!
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

Now that I have watched the whole series, I pretty much believe they were shown a good front. Yea they were pretty much beeing taken for a ride by someone and the lure for gold played on the rest. If I was the old man I would be pretty upset. I have never heard of a glory hole below a water fall . It shoild be a blow-out below the waterfall. Now if they continue to virgin bedrock downstream from the fall they could end up becoming very wealthy,guess we will se that on the new comming show. This kind of drama is good for the soul.
    Vision*Dfx*Eagle Spectrum*GMII*
    Fisher Goldbug*Tesoro Eldorado*
    Minelab 3500*

Quote Originally Posted by odave View Post
    I watched about 10 minutes of it and that was enough
    That's all it took for me also.
    I live my life one target at a time
    since '68

Quote Originally Posted by wingmaster View Post
    I'm not so sure its pretty hard to fake stupid, especially the look sometimes you can just tell just by looking at someone, but it doesn't really matter I'm sure they will get plenty from just doing the show so they won't have to worry about finding any gold. If I was to go up there for only a few months I wouldn't have built those cabins they should have just taken a couple trailers there is only like eight of them I think and wouldn't have brought the family for only a few months. I think one person could have panned as much gold in that time as they have now, why even waste the time building those cabins when you should have been going for gold right away.
    Another stupid reality show. phtttt
    If at first you don't succeed, get the Government to Bail you out !