Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Veterans Selling V3i, Why?

Re: Veterans Selling V3i, Why?

The same reasons that Etrac users are selling their detectors. Check the classifieds. Rob
    Advise is cheap, mine is free.
    V3 MXT Mr. Bill IDX

Candidate Member

I love my V. Took some time to figure out but once you get it right....it's on. I don't fiddle and hunt saltwater beaches and parks. On the beach it works well and I prefer it over the Excal most of the time when Im not feeling like getting wet.
    V3
    Excal II

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel8 link=topic=4688.msg56177#msg56177 date=1299212222
    I would like to add, the veterans you speak of, I sure hope
    they are in my hunting grounds. It took me a year to dig my first
    silver dime in excess of 10 inches with the v3i. That came at a price I was willing
    to pay. You can find treasure without a detector just by eyeballing.
    You can find it with an inexpensive detector. You can give someone
    a v3i and without due dilligence he won't find that 10 inch dime. Some accept
    the challenge, some don't. For most it is a hobby. If you are not having success
    or fun, don't blame it on the equipment. Lower you expectations. lol
    I am the person that wants to go to any site and pull stuff out that people have missed. My first machine was/ is my V. I am having fun with it but it is overwhelming.
    I can turn it on and grab clad a few inches down but now I want more deeper coins.
    good luck all
    Vision V3i upgraded, DX-1, 4x6, 6x10, 5.3, 12, propointer
    Coin count 2012
    1 silver dime, 1 buffalo nickel, 2 dollar coins
    72 Quarters, 126 dimes, 31 nickels, 305 pennies

Everyone's opinion is valid and to the point. But, opinions are like metal detectors, we all swing one and we all have our favorite one. Opinions change over time about just about anything. I agree with this: whatever works for you, use it, enjoy it, treasure it! If another metal detector, some time in the future, makes your little heart go pitter pat, put your old favorite away, buy the new heart throb, use it, enjoy it, treasure it, until another one comes along. I've done that now, seven-eight times and at one time, loved them all! Still love some of them!
    They all get us up, out of the house and outside into the sun! Who can complain about that? I am 64 and I don't give a damn what you like and what you buy. (sorry!) I only care about what I like and what works for me. (and what makes my heart go pitter pat! Currently, that is the V3i! Tomorrow? Who knows, who cares, because until the new heart throb arrives, I have my new love to play with and she calls me.....Man does she ever call me.....Name withheld by request, ha,ha! >8)

I'm going on my second year with my V3i. Some of you have been through it all since its inception. The v3, you all experimenting and field testing through that one. Then comes along the V3i upgrade. You stuck through it, exrerimented some more, field tested some more. You went through the great Coil War. You are seasoned veterans. You shared your successes and even your failures. Your persistence and patience has paid off. Not only has it paid off in your finds, it has paid off for people like me, maybe a little shy about expressing how we feel. Your efforts and sharing your knowledge has made it easier to understand different capabilities and aspects of of the V3i. I sincerely want to thank you all. As someone else said, the main reason I'm here is for learning. I want to master my machine. if a person is satisfied with THEIR level of expertise with their machine, then fine. As for me, I'm always open to new to new methods of learning how to become a better detectorist. As some have very correctly said; you get the results based on the time you are willing to spend on your machine. Nothing relaces hard work and determination. Again, thank you all for making my detecting experiences with the V3i much more enjoyable. In my opinion as to why people are selling any high end detector goes like this: You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them ......
    Digger of dirt and proud of it

After reading all these posts, I have come to the conclusion that each detector technology has its' advantages and disadvantages. There is NO - 1 all purpose machine that will beat the other in all detecting tasks. Can't beat the pulse for saltwater use, can't beat the V3i or MXT (VLF) for lower conductive targets and you can't beat the ETrac (FBS) for silver coins next to iron.
    Metal Detector, Inline Pinpointer, 6th Sense

I have another theory as to why people might be selling their V3I's. I bought mine eight months ago, priced it at KellyCo, you have to call them, and then got a local dealer to beat their price. I like following White's equipment on Ebay and regularly see used V3I's going for more then I paid for mine brand new. I've been thinking about selling mine on ebay and buying another new one. There really is a sucker born every minute!