Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hit the beach today

hit the beach today

Went to old orchard beach maine. for three hrs. cold and windy $4.50 in chad 1 61 rosie
    ctx 30-30 e-trac excel 1000 explorer 2

Re: hit the beach today

Old Orchard Beach?? I bet is was REAL cold and windy!! Wow I'm surprised your machine worked. It must have been cold. Great that you got out and even scored a silver Roosy. I've been up there in March and the winds were unbearable
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Nice! After a storm like we just had, some of that sand was moved around.
    I wonder how Ferry Beach/Camp Ellis made out. Streets were flooded there last night and the waves were wild!

beaches in the winter are brutal , hope you dressed for it .

congrats on the rosie
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

your a better person than I am-its probably not as cold here and I wont go out-congrats on what ya did find
    knowledge that isn't passed on is wasted

I didn't freeze yesterday so I thought I'd try a nother beach (york) today only lasted 15 min. 28deg.with 40 mph. winds first dig $1 stratosphere gaming token from vegas and $1 james madison in one scoop after braking through frost with small md pick about 3 in thick

Quote Originally Posted by flueinc View Post
    I didn't freeze yesterday so I thought I'd try a nother beach (york) today only lasted 15 min. 28deg.with 40 mph. winds first dig $1 stratosphere gaming token from vegas and $1 james madison in one scoop after braking through frost with small md pick about 3 in thick
    I thought about you today.... wondered if you'd brave it and try Ferry Beach/Camp Ellis.
    At least you made a buck! We'll hook up with you at a beach this winter, hopefully. January thaw isn't too far away.

Snowy I was working the southern coastal towns today Didnt get to any other beaches maybe next week I can get to Ferry.

Just a mention...
    Sometimes (few times a year) we, up here in Maine, hafta resort to a (long) drive to satisfy the craving, and that (to Snowy and I, anyway) means tolls, a 2-and-a-half-hour drive (one way) to even get to the salt water.
    We usually don't find stuff like the Flueman does, but it does relieve the pressure occasionally.

Amazing... no way I would be hunting OOB in the winter. Used to live in Biddeford/Saco area, so I know what it is like. Well, I hate the cold anyway. More power to you.. HH RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector

Metal detecting Maine is colecting pulltabs for charity so I decided to go to a beach and get a bunch spent a half hr. detecting for pull tabs and only got one all i could find was chad. I think i have been detecting wrong all these years instead of looking for coins i should have been looking for pull tabs. rofl

Quote Originally Posted by flueinc View Post
    Metal detecting Maine is colecting pulltabs for charity so I decided to go to a beach and get a bunch spent a half hr. detecting for pull tabs and only got one all i could find was chad. I think i have been detecting wrong all these years instead of looking for coins i should have been looking for pull tabs. rofl
    You were LOOKING for pulltabs and only found one? But found a bunch of clad?

I need to go detecting with you rofl
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

I got $2.38 in that half hr.

Now THAT is funny, looking for pulltabs and that darned clad kept showing up... rofl RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector

If you look for bottlecaps, will rings show up?? thumbsup01
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

thats really something 1 tab-maybe your on to something
    knowledge that isn't passed on is wasted

Love finding beach silver and I never pass up clad!! 8)
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Four times out looking for pulltabs only 3 tabs i got skunked today no tabs only chad .

Hit oob today the weather was agienst me cold windy and snowing but had to detect for at least an hr. I got $1.05 and 32 pulltabs. I had a good time.

I hunted rexhame beach at Marshfeild Ma. came up with 2 pennies and a rusty nail ,a real nice day to be out there tho.
    If it wasn't for flashbacks, i would have no memory at all