Thread: Depth with the Fisher F5

Depth with the Fisher F5

Hi
    I been using the Fisher F5 for 1 year. I don't seem to get much depth with this detector, about 3 to 4 inches.
    Can anyone help on this problem.

Re: Depth with the Fisher F5

Just received my F5 with a DD11... I'll need to bring a good shovel!

Just did two test run with it and I detected some pepsi cans at more then 10 inches in dry clay... Found some modern coins between 3 and 8 inches... Even got my second silver ring... about four inches.

Those targets wheren't found with my BH 1100 nor my 2200...

Daniel <

French canadian from Quebec Hunting with :
    Fisher F5 Pro DD11
    Minelab Sovereign X2-S Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo link=topic=4879.msg58278#msg58278 date=1300227726
    Hi
    I been using the Fisher F5 for 1 year. I don't seem to get much depth with this detector, about 3 to 4 inches.
    Can anyone help on this problem.
    I can get 5-7 inches on most coins when the ground balance , Gain and threshold are set correctly.
    Put the gain at 70, ground balance as the manual suggests, and then set the threshold to -2 or -3.
    You should be able to detect a dime up to 5 inches deep---possibly deeper, depending on the ground conditions.
    Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin

Thank you!

Condition, right now... Very DRY... Hot & dry... Did go out for an hour this morning after my night shift and found only two zinc cents... And of course some pull tabs... Old ring & drop shape pull tabs... The place I choose may have been hunted before...

Daniel <
    French canadian from Quebec Hunting with :
    Fisher F5 Pro DD11
    Minelab Sovereign X2-S Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Celluforce link=topic=4879.msg119131#msg119131 date=1344176087
    Thank you!

Condition, right now... Very DRY... Hot & dry... Did go out for an hour this morning after my night shift and found only two zinc cents... And of course some pull tabs... Old ring & drop shape pull tabs... The place I choose may have been hunted before...

Daniel <
    Might I suggest that you air test some of your Canadian coins, ( try a few different years of each denomination) so you get a better idea of what number range each will show on the screen.

When I first got my F5 I made a cheat sheet with coin type and number ID) and it helped me learn what to look for.
    I use the D4 tone because it has a separate high tone for the US nickle range that is higher pitch than a pulltab.

Also--If you have some Canadian coins from the 1960's and before, you can air test those to see where they show on the screen.
    Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin