I have a question about the battery setting on the V3i. I have noticed when you go to the Expert Menu
Configure
Battery
Battery type ( There are three choices) NiMh - NiCd - and Alkiline
When I first got the V I assumed that this setting would automatically change depending on what battery pack you had in. Once after switching battery packs I went back into the expert menu and noticed that the setting hadn't changed and had to be done manually.

Not a big deal to do but on two occasions i have forgot to change this and realized it after i'd hunted. Noticed i didn't get the number of coins on those hunts i usually do.
That is probably just a coincedence but don't really know.

What exactly is the purpose of this setting? And what if any is the effect on the machine if set wrong?

Seems odd to me that this setting would NOT have an impact on the preformance because if it was a novilty reminder you wouldn't think it would be burried in the expert menu and serve no purpose other then to tell you what battery you had in when it would be much easier to open the battery compartment and SEE which one you had in. lol
Just trying to figure this monster out. Never heard anything about this. Thanks in advance