Thread: Huntin' with FireFighter43

Huntin' with FireFighter43

I received a invite from Jeff, Fire Fighter 43, last week to come up to Wisconsin and hunt his new honey hole with him. The old picnic site
    So I took along my youngest boy, he's on spring break this week, and made the two hour drive up north. Jeff was there for about an hour and a half before we arrived and already had a couple of silvers a 1912 Barber dime and a 1920 Merc and a few wheats for good measure! Things started out a little slower for me but before the day was over I had quite a few keepers to show for my effort. The first good find was a .925 silver ring with a stone in it . I don't know what kind of stone it is

Here's some video of the hunt....
    Huntin' with FireFighter43

.925 ring fresh out of the ground.

1943 Merc just dug.

.925 stamp If you notice the ring is smashed just above the stamp. I wonder how that happened

Nice ring. But I'm not sure of the type of stone.

The goodies from my trip to Wisconsin.

I'd like to say thanks to Jeff for the invite!! Thats very kind of you. I truly appreciate it! |)
    Good times, good finds, and good people!!
    Thanks for lookin' & HH everybody!!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Re: Huntin' with FireFighter43

SCORE!!
    I was looking forward to this video. Great hunt all around... big silver, Merc, Buff, V and a bunch of wheats. Not to mention a nice looking 925 ring. It doesn't get much better.
    Fun video too. Especially the 'pre-dig' quarter. It was nice hearing the E-Trac sounds.
    Congrats Tim and a big pat on the back to Jeff for extending the invite. Sharing a honey hole is a great gesture. thumbsup01

Wonderful finds, and a fun hunt no doubt! The nickels are in nice shape too. Love the photos. thumbsup01

You guys did great with your finds .That was real nice of Jeff to share his spot with you . The pictures and video were very nicely done showing the E-trac tone, the pinpointing and the dig . Seems like the pinpoint feature on the E-trac homes in a little better than the one on my SE . I stopped using my pinpoint feature on the SE because I couldn't do any better with it than when I was just X-ing my coil with the front of my coil ( probaby just me ) .Switching to the Sunray8 coil has also helped out in that department without a noticeable lack of depth and I also seem to get less falsing . I will continue use the Pro-coil on larger areas where I want more coverage though .Awesome hunt guys !! thumbsup01 thumbsup01

Sheik

Veteran Member

nice job digger!

Nice hunt Timmy That looks like a Garnet on that ring from here Nice of you to get that invite Always nice to hunt somewhere you nornally wouldn't and do well too And one of these for Jeff too
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by jkress View Post
    It doesn't get much better.
    You got that right! I couldn't ask for anything more |)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbooty View Post
    ... showing the E-trac tone, the pinpointing and the dig . Seems like the pinpoint feature on the E-trac homes in a little better...
    Thanks Sheik!
    If you noticed on the first couple of swings it was picking up a nearby pulltab, and as I inched the coil forward it locked onto the quarter. And as I was pinpointing on the back pull of my X the pinpoint never dropped off because it was jumping fromthe quarter to the pulltab with just a ever so slight change in volume. I believe that's why I dug the hole a little bit to far back and had to tunnel in for the coin.
    Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Nice hunt Timmy That looks like a Garnet on that ring from here Nice of you to get that invite Always nice to hunt somewhere you nornally wouldn't and do well too And one of these for Jeff too
    Thanks G!! I got the next round for Jeff here That was mighty kind of him!! |)
    I didn't want to say it and I'm glad to hear it from you !! I was guessing a garnet too lol A few family members and friends were guessing amethyst. I was hoping you'd take a stab at it thumbsup01

I found a birth stone chart here. And I think you/me/us are right thumbsup01 lol
    http://www.randdjewelers.com/images/birthstones.gif

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
    Wonderful finds, and a fun hunt no doubt! The nickels are in nice shape too. Love the photos. thumbsup01
    Quote Originally Posted by zrickkid View Post
    nice job digger!
    Thanks guys!!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

That was a great hunt. Great job on the video too.