Thread: 2009 in Review

2009 in Review

Not really sure what I was doing, but I think I posted an album of my 2009 finds:

http://www.americandetectorist.com/f...sa=album;id=24

I mostly just posted the good stuff, let me know if you want to see the junk - junk rings, tokens, keys, trinkets, boy scout stuff, foreign coins, etc.

2009 was my best year so far, mostly because I became almost unhealthily obsessed with swinging. I'm lucky I live in an area where I am forced by winter to take a break from detecting - otherwise it might be too much for the Mrs.
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Re: 2009 in Review

You had an incredible year Z! Congrats on all the great looking jewelry and coin finds! BTW I hear ya about detecting all year round! I don't think my wife would be too thrilled either.

Great stuff!
    [move]White’s MXT Minelab E-Trac Oldest coin: 1875 Indian Head Cent Oldest Silver Coin: 1886 Seated Liberty Dime[/move]

You had an amazing year z! thumbsup01 I love the photos. Does that gold ring in the front say Nike?
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    You had an amazing year z! thumbsup01 I love the photos. Does that gold ring in the front say Nike?
    Sure does. It's 10k. Nothing like shelling out the dough for a gold ring so you can wear the brand name of a shoe on your finger...
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

You have had an excellent year Z. That is a great variety of finds and an amazing amount of clad. Congrats!

Veteran Member

Nice year! I'd be happy with 10% of that.
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

My wife calls it - Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) ?? I call it fun thumbsup01!!!

I hope I can get to the point where I'm not checking forums 2-3 times a day, cursing the frozen ground and snow , checking out new equipment and auctions everyday, looking at my finds incessantly, looking at every park and old house as a MD'ing place, asking every friend and new acquaintance I see with an old house permission to hunt their yard, wondering how deep is too deep for an E-trac or V3, on and on and on... OK, maybe I have a problem?? Just listed my DFX and some coils on eBay so as hard as it was I feel I'm making a step in the right direction toward normalcy (who needs 4 detectors anyway ).

Nice finds by the way, looks like you had an awesome time hunting this year - Congrats!!
    White's Spectra V3i "update", MXT, Prizm V, and Sun Ray Invader DX-1.
    Coils: stock 950 on MXT; 10" DD, Super 12, 950 Eclipse, and 4x6 DD Eclipse Shooter for the V3.

"The only person who never made a mistake never did anything!!"

Quote Originally Posted by MNDigger View Post
    I don't think my wife would be too thrilled either.
    This is one of a million reasons why I'm glad I never remarried. Great year Z. You did find some great stuff.. maybe we can hook-up next year.
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

Access DENIED!!! rofl I tried to view your albulm by the link provided, but I was denied Glad you had a great year and I share your obsession thumbsup01 Time to hunker down and get ready for next year. Maybe I'll even clean the mud off of my machine for once lol
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

That is an incredible year of hunting! You did really well.

I bet by giving one of those gold rings to your wife, and she won't mind you going out next year. thumbsup01
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

Quote Originally Posted by z118 View Post
    2009 was my best year so far, mostly because I became almost unhealthily obsessed with swinging. I'm lucky I live in an area where I am forced by winter to take a break from detecting - otherwise it might be too much for the Mrs.
    is there such a thing as unhealthily obsessed with swinging

i would say that is a phenomial year of great finds , big congrats to you . hope you continue the success in the new year as well Z .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Boy Z you sure had one helluv a year, awesome looking finds. Congrats!! thumbsup01
    E-Trac, Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium.

awesome stuff!!!!!! congrats on a spectacular year!
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers