Thread: Garrett Pro Pointer RANGE EXTENDING. Simple solution. Just a ring on finger.

Garrett Pro Pointer RANGE EXTENDING. Simple solution. Just a ring on finger.

Just thought I would share what I figured out on my Pro Pointer.

A ring on the index finger of the hand you use to hold the Pro Pointer will work just like sliding a coin to adjust the sensitivity (extend the range).
    Just make sure the ring that is on your finger is behind the push button when starting.

After you turn it on just reposition your grip a bit by moving your hand forward to get the chirping started then back off a bit until it stops chirping. Tighten grip and let it rip.
    Your set to go.

It doubled my range. I can consistently get almost 4 inches on a nickel. That's really the only coin I tried.
    I figure that if it's that good with a nickel then the others will work.

BTW, I always wear a wedding band and it happens to fit my index finger so it is a quick fix.

Just don't use the hand that you use the Pro Pointer with to scan a clump of dirt across the detector search coil.

Mike

V3i, (ADS III backup), RH Lesche, Killer B Wasps, bad knees and an overpowering desire to search.

Re: Just a ring on your finger will extend the Pro Pointer range

Good tip! I'll try it out as soon as i get the pro pointer. I don't think i could master the nickle trick. This i can do!
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

Re: Just a ring on your finger will extend the Pro Pointer range

I also tried it with only the 'thumb portion' of a latex glove. Just slipped the dime into the 'thumb glove' and stuck my thumb in it.

It works also but when I tried the wedding band method I actually thought it was much less of a hassle and there was no need to consider whether I would need to make sure I had a glove amongst my gear when going on a search.
    V3i, (ADS III backup), RH Lesche, Killer B Wasps, bad knees and an overpowering desire to search.