Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Can't Believe It !!!!

I Can't Believe It !!!!

It took us about a month to get permission to hunt this farm but we got the green light over the weekend. thumbsup01 We were trying to find were a 1800's home sat on this property down by the river.

We didn't have any luck down by the river so we asked the land owner if we could hunt around his house and he said sure. The first target was a silver Rosie! The second target was a shot gun brass. The third target was a funny signal. It had that sweet high tone to it but it was broken and the thresh hold was on and off I dug down to find a pair of finger nail clippers 8/ Before back filling the hole I rechecked the hole with the PPer and it was screaming Still something here! lol As I was swirling the PPer around in the hole I seen the edge of a 1948 silver quarter!! Rechecked the hole and it wasn't empty!I took out another scoop of dirt and seen MORE SILVER! Buried together with the quarter was a Mercury dime and a war nickle!! A short while later I got a double quarter spill!! Buried on top of the quarters was a piece of wire! You can see the black line across the two quarters in the picture. But the really fun hole was still to come! I got a funny signal that was primarily a dime signal that was littered with a scrappy low tone. But after the finds so far, I was up for digging all signals. lol I dug down and flipped the plug over and seen the edge of a silver half!! I reached in the hole to grab it. As I picked it up I seen what I've been waiting to see for the last 3 years, staring me right in the face! My first SLQ!!! happydance02 And they just kept coming!! After it was all said and done I dug 3 holes in a 12X18 area and pulled 1 Walking Liberty half, my first SLQ, 4 Mercs and 2 buffs !!! Wow !! I couldn't believe it!! My hands were shaking so bad I had to stop before pulling out the last two mercs! lol

A couple of pictures after the hunt before cleaning. I also think I found my first rosette lol

The total cleaned up!

Here's the rest of the finds. Minus the trash.
    Except the finger nail clippers that were laying on top of the 1948 quarter.

Thanks for lookin' & HH everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Re: I Can't Believe It !!!!

Holy Cow, if that's not the hunt of a lifetime I don't know what is! Congrats!
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

All that beautiful SILVER !!! happydance02 happydance02 happydance02 happydance02 happydance02 <: <: <: Big time congrats on one AWESOME hunt thumbsup01 thumbsup01

|) Tim you hit the jackpot. WOW Big congrats on amazing finds. HH Mike
    Ace 250/Pro pinpointer,Totals 2012: 213 silver coins, 13 silver jewelry, 3 gold rings.

So. did you enjoy your hunt? rofl Sweet silver day...the kind dreams are made of Congrats on your first SLQ and of course the other silver stuff lol That looks like a rosette to me. Should be lead filled and have that bar on the back for the leather strap to go through. That is one way to kick off this season thumbsup01
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Wow Tim, that is incredible!!! happydance02

Congratulations!!! You need to hit that site again and again!!!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Sweet !! Now that is some great diggs !
    Always looking for that next ring !!

You make me want to puke! That was an AMAZING hunt! Great finds Tim. Looks like you went MDing in the 1970s. Over $2.00 in silver! That is just incredible. I hope you go back to that place because there is more waiting for you. HH.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Veteran Member

Awesome hunt and finds Tim !!! Fantastic Pic thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01
    Congratulations and I hope You get to hunt there more thumbsup01 thumbsup01
    V3i DFX 10 DD 6x10 DD 4x6 DD DX-1

Strange... the AD site must be a little messed up. What appears to be one of Angel's posts (on a good day) must have somehow got substituted over yours. lol rofl

TIM.... that is just incredible. <: Look at all of that quality silver!!! That is what we all dream of, that is what keeps us out there looking.
    14 silvers on a hunt, must have been incredibly fun and will be hard to beat. How does so much silver get spread out in such a small area?
    How'd the other guys do? Awesome pictures!

One great big, gigantic silver congrats to you.

awsome hunt and finds,that is what we all dream about,wtg.
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

Quote Originally Posted by jkress View Post
    Strange... the AD site must be a little messed up. What appears to be one of Angel's posts (on a good day) must have somehow got substituted over yours. lol rofl
    Shhh!! It looks good don't it lol
    I was thinking....This must be how Angel feels!! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jkress View Post
    How'd the other guys do?
    My buddy found 6 wheats and 2 Rosies!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger View Post
    You make me want to puke!
    lol rofl

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    So. did you enjoy your hunt? rofl

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    That looks like a rosette to me. Should be lead filled and have that bar on the back for the leather strap to go through.
    Cool! 8) Thanks for the ID George!! |)
    Yep it's lead filled in the back. But there's no bar Must be how it got lost in the first place

Thanks for all the comments folks!!
    I'm still replaying the days events over and over in my mind
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Quote Originally Posted by Ill Digger View Post
    I reached in the hole to grab it. As I picked it up I seen what I've been waiting to see for the last 3 years, staring me right in the face! My first SLQ!!! happydance02
    Sorry... need to add.

<: <: <: Congrats on the hard to get SLQ! I'm still trying to find my first! Glad you got that one off your back.

Wow, thats a hunt to remember, awesome silver <:
    Whites M6, Eclipse 6X10 DD, Sunray DX-1

Hey Tim, you are lucky I wasn't there lol Well done my friend. Again big congrats on your first SLQ and rest of your great finds. HH Mike
    Ace 250/Pro pinpointer,Totals 2012: 213 silver coins, 13 silver jewelry, 3 gold rings.

I see seateds in the horizon...........amazing hunt and great pics Tim, also looks like a good place to for some of those whisker Cats!!!!! [img][/img]
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Sacramento California
    V3i DFX MXT
    Excalibur II

holy moly tim, what a terrific hunt, congrats.

Wow Tim!!! What a honey hole you found there!!!! Big congrats on that first SLQ!!!! It took me a while to find my first too. 14 silvers in one hunt is just awesome,,,you smoked my record day by 3 :white: :white: :white: :white: :white: You will be on a high for weeks,,,,those days are just indescribable <: <: <: <: <: <: <: <:
    I can only please one person per day,,,today is not your day,,,tomorrow isn't looking good either.

2011 silver coins> 18,,,,13 IH,,,,2 V nickels,,,2 Shield nickels
    2010 silver coins >4,,,,the year that wasn't
    2009 silver coins> 77> 49 IHs> 15 V nickels>9 Buffs

This is just a fantastic Hunt Tim! That is a sweet looking fist full of keepers. This is the kind of hunt that we all dream about. Congratulations, and I love the picture of the ET along the river. Way to go buddy.

Jack
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

you have just lived everybody's dream hunt. WOW....congrats on all those finds, bet there is still more....
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album