Thread: AT Pro at the gun club site--3rd time

AT Pro at the gun club site--3rd time

Monday I took the AT Pro back to the park to see if any more old items where still in the ground from the 1880's-1940's gun club activities. There was !!!!!!!!!! thumbsup01

Still digging everything to get all the junk out of the way I came up with some nice items between the bottlecaps,pulltabs, soda cans and other pieces of junk metal that I dug.
    The AT Pro does see all the metal objects in the dirt and tells good targets from bad ones.

Dug up more old rifle lead bullets, a couple of nice Mercs--a 1935 and a 1939, a vertigo heart from a necklace ( the hanger is too large for a bracelet) and 4 wheats.

I did get the 1920 D wheat with the Lesche digger. :-\ :-\ The dirt is like concrete--we haven't had ANY rain since early January this year. crying01
    With it so dry the recent drops on the ground stay pretty much---surface coins......got some I didn't have to dig--just pick them up. 8)

The AT Pro still is excellent in ground that has lots of trash items all around coins and good target items. It lets you know if the target has iron in the metal mix--like a old bottlecap.
    In locations and specific sections that I had used my Whites and return with the Garrett and search.... almost every time I get a nice keeper item, that the Whites didn't pick up on.

I really like the AT Pro
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin

Re: AT Pro at the gun club site--3rd time

Well at least the lack of rain has some benifits...coins never sink lol Sometimes you just have to dig junk to get to the coins...that is a fact of life we all have to deal with for now. Nice to see Mercs come out of the soil
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Way to go Dimeman, . Love those Mercs thumbsup01. Keep up the Gun Club Huntin'
    E-trac, Teknetics T2 SE, MXT, 6T.

"TODAY's THE DAY" Mel Fisher

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut link=topic=5494.msg65537#msg65537 date=1303344342
    Well at least the lack of rain has some benifits...coins never sink lol Sometimes you just have to dig junk to get to the coins...that is a fact of life we all have to deal with for now. Nice to see Mercs come out of the soil
    I don't mind diggin junk in area like this, because I KNOW there are still more good targets to be found. thumbsup01
    Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin

Quote Originally Posted by Dimeman link=topic=5494.msg70921#msg70921 date=1306721522
    I don't mind diggin junk in area like this, because I KNOW there are still more good targets to be found. thumbsup01
    I have to get myself in the habbit of digging more junk iron at the sites we hit. I'm sure I am missing large coppers as well as silvers at them locations. Them bullets must be a pain lol I bet they read real nice
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold