Thread: Out with the F5

Out with the F5

In the last week I have been taking the F5 out to different park areas and digging up some clad. I haven't dug any older coins with it yet...but hoping I will soon.

This morning in a school park area I got a half dollar signal and the numbers and the VDI stayed the same, as I scanned the coil back and forth over the target. The depth showed to be 6 inches, so I dug it up.

The F5 can count !!!!!! There were 2 clad quarters in the hole----1 right on top of another one.

I had searched this area ( ballfield next to the parking area) at least 6 other times with 2 other detectors------- and 2 others had searched the same area one time with me also.

I dug over 30 coins from this school ballfield area today------- over $4 in clad. 8) 8) 8)

No matter how much a spot has been searched----there is always something still in the ground.

Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin

Re: Out with the F5

Parks have so much coinage lost in them, that there is always a chance of finding more coins in those hunted out spots. I bet there is still some targets left hiding there. It amazes me on how they just show up at another time Nice amount of finds from that worked over area. Now lets see if it gives you a half dollar reading if there are pennies, nickels and dimes in one hole lol Then I would say Nice hunt Robbie.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Re: Out with the F5

A metal detector adding machine. lol Now if you can get it to clean coins you'll be in buiness. rofl