Thread: Back out with the F5

Back out with the F5

I have been using the F5 at all the totlots and then searching the grass areas afterwards, in parks that I have hunted and hunted and hunted.

The F5 has gotten more than a few clad coins in spots that were very close to metal poles, and the IDX didn't detect them, when I had searched there, for some reason. 8/
    There were many fence poles,slides, swings and monkeybars that, right next to the metal poles, the F5 sounded off on coins, and I know I had checked as close as I could get, with the IDX at the same exact locations in the past. Some coins were very discolored meaning they had been hiding for a while.

I guess the Fisher F5's 5X10, thinner but longer coil was able to get closer than the 6 inch IDX coil on the Whites IDX. This has happened in almost every park I have been to with the F5 that I had used the IDX at.

My clad coin total has gone up since using the F5 this year----this month!!!!!!. I don't think it is a coincidence that I have been getting more coins and closer to metal structures while using a new detector less than a month old. 8) 8)
    The F5 vs. the IDX ......the F5 is gaining more of a lead each time I use it.
    Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin

Re: Back out with the F5

Is the 5x10 a DD coil as opposed to the 6 concentric on the IDX?? That would have a lot to do with it. It's nice to hear that the F5 is a good machine. Sometimes the upper, midrange units get lost to the top shelf F70 and F75 models. They should perform almost as well, without a lot of the bells and whistles. Keep us posted, especially if you have some deep targets. Nice to see it is treating you well.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold