Thread: F5 schoolyard search

F5 schoolyard search

Went back to the clad factory schoolyard---- and indeed got some clad to wind up April with. The Fisher F5 does like finding dimes and quarters.

The school was built in 1926 and is still in use. With todays economy I can't believe kids lose so much change at this school. It's bad for them---but good for me.

I did get a signal that I thought was a 4 inch deep dime....but turned out to be the top of a Barbasol shaving cream tube. Looked on the internet and saw the company made the tubes from when they started ( in 1919) up until the 1950's, when they started putting the shaving cream in aerosol cans.

Now at a school grounds why would there be a shaving cream tube in the open play area
    Of course, since the area was once a WW1 training grounds, there could be a possibility the tube is from the camp.
    I emailed the Barbosol company to see when exactly they stopped using the metal tubes with printing on the top and hope to hear back from them. I did get a couple pics from their website showing the tube. It is the same !!!!!!!!!!!

Todays clad total--- $7.84
    20 Q
    23 D
    7 N
    19 P

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin

Re: F5 schoolyard search

Nice clad hunt Robbie. Sooner or later you will hit some of the older stuff. Sometimes I think it is just masked by the trash we throw out these days You have a really nice clad count for the year already Keep loosing them coins kids lol we detectorists need something to do thumbsup01
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Re: F5 schoolyard search

Got a email back from the Barbasol company and they looked at the pic I sent and looked thru their archives said the tube was from the 20's...so the top of the Barbasol tube of shaving cream, was a WW1 camp item. thumbsup01 thumbsup01
    Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin