Thread: Etrac ID #'s for my gold finds.

Etrac ID #'s for my gold finds.

Etrac ID #'s for my gold finds.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: Etrac ID #'s for my gold finds.

Great post and great timing too! I was just going to ask where gold generally pops up on the Fe-Co readings on the E-trac. I'm a silver guy, but I hunt a lot of schools and I just KNOW that I'm passing up some goodies. I've tried digging all targets a few times, but haven't hit gold. Thanks for sharing! thumbsup01
    Minelab E-trac, Sunray X1 probe

2011 Silver goal: 20 (14 YTD- 8 Rosies, 5 Mercury Head dimes, 1 Barber dime)
    2011 Clad goal: $50 ($132.50 year to date)

This is a great post... thank you! It's really hard to dig the 12-09's It's great to see the results of that! I'm getting better at digging outside of the foil range and into the pulltab range, the 12-18 to 20's... but when the CO number is below the Fe I am not good at digging.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

I've gotta start doing some parks lol Great post and thanks for the numbers. When I'm in the woods those numbers are either 22 cal slugs, or shot gun shells lol No gold rings for me >:/
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Cool. Did you notice any difference in the sounds of those low conductors from say a wad of foil or can slaw? Are they sharper tones? Or just dig them all...?
    Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - Deus

Great post. I don't own an Etrac but i hope the mods make this a sticky for when the day comes. Thanks for the post.

Very good info, markg. I've been digging 12-12 and lower and it's either can slaw or a beaver tail from a pulltab, or a regular square tab cut in half, or a wad of tinfoil. I've only found 2 rings and no trinket gold since I've bought the E-trac. I have increased my nickel finds at 12-13 though by 10-fold over my DFX but if there's silver there (12-46) I'm all over it. THANKS FOR THE NUMBERS---GREAT POST . I'll keep diggin' thumbsup01
    Jay
    E-trac, Teknetics T2 SE, MXT, 6T.

"TODAY's THE DAY" Mel Fisher

I agree with Jaybird. It's too bad that none of the gold items you've listed above came in around 12-13. I had found some gold with my Ace 250, before upgrading to the E-trac, but that's because that detector paints it's target ID with a broader brush. I've tried to dig all signals on the 12 FE line before, but my main goal is silvers, and digging up all of that trash for the chance at gold just isn't that important to me yet. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to find a big gold ring, but maybe gold items will be my 2012 goal.
    Minelab E-trac, Sunray X1 probe

2011 Silver goal: 20 (14 YTD- 8 Rosies, 5 Mercury Head dimes, 1 Barber dime)
    2011 Clad goal: $50 ($132.50 year to date)

Veteran Member

Very nice post, thanks. I'm bad at digging the low tones as well, but need to start. Being obsessed with silver has its disadvantages.
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Hi All,

Seeing that gold is $1600+ an ounce, I just got really interested in anything made of gold. Went out to the park by the house and hit paydirt on the first try. A medallion of a crown marked 417 ASK, so, it's 10k.

Came in at 12-13.

I'm going to dedicate my detection time to gold and digging trash, which is part of the game.

Thanks for the numbers, that's a big big help.

Regards, Ken
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Minelab E-Trac, stock coil

I have found several gold items in the last few months. All have been 10 and 14k. The thinnest ring is a solid 12-01. Then a 12-5, 12-07, 12-22. All in the foil and tab range. Found with another detector but still have yet to test any gold on the Etrac that it would not pick up. All gold I have tested always has an unwavering ferrous 12.
    Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - Deus

Man them numbers are low. Most people would ignore almost all of them lol I guess that is why there are still gold rings left to find. Thanks for the heads up on the numbers. I am planning on hunting a tot lot as soon as it rains. I will have to open up the lower CO numbers all the way to 12-01 now.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Elite Member

Got my hopes up, after studying these numbers, I found a ring this weekend, ladies filligre, in a park a few feet from an 1700s cemetary...came in at 12-09...thought it was going to be white gold.......5turned out to be silver plate junk >:#
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Candidate Member

Thanks for the numbers on gold still getting to know my etrac
    Cheers greig

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut link=topic=5659.msg78753#msg78753 date=1313200628
    Man them numbers are low. Most people would ignore almost all of them lol I guess that is why there are still gold rings left to find. Thanks for the heads up on the numbers. I am planning on hunting a tot lot as soon as it rains. I will have to open up the lower CO numbers all the way to 12-01 now.
    Yep, quilty as charged! There are hundreds, if not thousands of pieces of garbage for every gold ring in the parks. I'll stick to digging clad, silver and silver jewelry in soil.
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com