Quote Originally Posted by randy link=topic=5733.msg72034#msg72034 date=1307878752
Its even better when you learn the nickel trick. Turn it on, slide a nickel (or any coin, really) up the side opposite the switch 'til it starts to beep, then slide the nickel back to opposite the switch so it stops beeping, and hold it there. You get even more range. This technique really works once you get the hang of it, and I've been using it alot in the dry dirt to save some time on really deep targets.

There is a link to a video on this site on how to do this, but hopefully the above is enough instruction. You can test this with air tests.
I will try this thumbsup01 I've been having issues w/mine lately. I thought battery was going low, but nope. I'm confused what is happening and why how the nickel/coin trick works?

Quote Originally Posted by Bedrock link=topic=5733.msg70479#msg70479 date=1306347965
For a hand-held pinpointer, the Garrett Pro Pointer is hard to beat. It's very sturdy, the battery lasts a long time, it's sensitive, and it is loud enough to hear when wearing earphones. In my opinion, it is far better than the White's Bullseye II. I have used the White's, and for me, there is no comparison. But...my detectors have always been White's, and always will be.
Amen