Thread: Lesche Handle Mod

Lesche Handle Mod

I tore the (orange/red) schwinn bicycle grip that came on my lesche digger so was at the wally world and looked in the bike section and got these grips.went ahead and cut the grip off my 2nd digger also to utilize the pair, it was a tight fit but installed with some dish soap for friction reduction layed the hand guard against a concrete step and had son step on blade, used a towel to hold and twist grip into place. love the comfort better grip and different look. Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Loving my God, Being a husband and father, Detecting every chance I get!

Re: Lesche Handle Mod

You did a great job on them. They look great. I'm guessing they are more comfortable too. Now all I need is a son to hold it down for me to do. lol My girls would just look at me like this if I asked them to help rofl
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

They look good Chris. Nice job thumbsup01 I've left mine in the woods before and the bright grip is the only thing that helped me find them again I'll stick with the red
    Having fun is what it is all about!

Quote Originally Posted by pulltabsteve link=topic=5748.msg68077#msg68077 date=1304888890
    They look good Chris. Nice job thumbsup01 I've left mine in the woods before and the bright grip is the only thing that helped me find them again I'll stick with the red
    I agree Steve. The bright colors would help me locate the tools set aside during recovery operations. Or at least help the next person that comes by see it easiler after I've given up the hunt.

nice modification.

Quote Originally Posted by cnr_dogs link=topic=5748.msg68075#msg68075 date=1304882393
    I tore the (orange/red) schwinn bicycle grip that came on my lesche digger so was at the wally world and looked in the bike section and got these grips.went ahead and cut the grip off my 2nd digger also to utilize the pair, it was a tight fit but installed with some dish soap for friction reduction layed the hand guard against a concrete step and had son step on blade, used a towel to hold and twist grip into place. love the comfort better grip and different look. Chris
    I managed a bicycle shop for over 35 years and I will let you in on the secret of getting on grips, take a can of the cheapest hairspray you can find and spray inside the grip and twist it on. The hairspray facilitates the grip going on and when it dries it makes the grip hold very solid. The grip that come on the Lesche is made by Hunt Wilde and is a standard old style cruiser bike grip. If you want something very comfortable you can get grips that have gel inside them makes for a comfy grip but does not last quite as long.
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Looks great, I too had to relocate my Lesche in the woods and after about 45 minutes spotted the red handle.
    Whites M6, Eclipse 6X10 DD, Sunray DX-1

Great idea, I like the bright colored grip but if I do need to change it over this post just made it easy. Thanks
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

[attachimg=3]The only thing I don't like about the lesche is the short handle so, I made one longer with aluminum stock. Now I can use two hands on it. |

Candidate Member

Got a guy that I hunt with on ocaision and he welded an old lesche to the back of a small pick. Looks weird but he loves it?
    Minelab E-Trac / White's DFX / Garrett pro pinpointer / Lesche digger

Yeah after the I made I made a tee handle lesche. I also make hand crafted leather sheaths. And I put serration on the author side the the blade.

Speaking of the red handle. I have two of these tools. First one came with a red handle. Second I got about 4 months later came with a black handle. Very easy to loose it.
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Hey CODY,, I think that the old stock are the red handles and lesche switched to black.

Quote Originally Posted by swingbot link=topic=5748.msg109692#msg109692 date=1335300905
    ... I also make hand crafted leather sheaths...
    Hey hey... Swingbot!
    I real like your leather sheats thumbsup01

I recently bought a pinpointer on eBay... When I received it, I may be a copycat... Really like your sheats and the idea to have a place for the pin pointer.

Daniel <
    French canadian from Quebec Hunting with :
    Fisher F5 Pro DD11
    Minelab Sovereign X2-S Pro

Thanks bud,,, I also sale leather sheaths for the lesche.

Quote Originally Posted by swingbot View Post
    yeah after the i made i made a tee handle lesche. I also make hand crafted leather sheaths. And i put serration on the author side the the blade.
    i love that setup and that sheath! Great idea!

Nice ideas guys...love the sheath and the propointer
    Minelab Safari

That is a great idea! Nice job