Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do for a living American Detectorists?

Re: What do you do for a living American Detectorists?

My wife (Shes the Brains!) and I have a small dinner in a small town.We have identical twin Boys 19 ,both in the national guard.We have a 4 year boy also (woops) rofl Im gonna be a grandpa in a couple weeks too!!
    E-Trac

Elite Member

I'm an attorney specializing in the areas of Real Estate, Estate Planning and Business. Have my own practice and cover all of Western MA and even into CT now. But I like to get dirty, get that dirt up in those fingernails, up in your nose, in your ears...yeah that is what I really like.....just can't make a living at it. Alwqays wanted to be an archeaologist, but life didn't take me that way. I love the history of what we find.
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Haven't seen too many attorneys in this hobby for whatever reason. Lots of engineers though!

I don't know if I replied to this thread but if I did it was before switching jobs. I'm medical director for a pharmaceutical education, marketing and strategies company.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Active Duty US Navy about 15 years now. I work as a Navy Musician in the Navy Band in Washington, DC. I also work in the Band's Public Affairs office and soon, I'll just do that.

I'm a sax player in the rock band.... lol

Regards, Ken

Minelab E-Trac, stock coil

I am 90% retired but still own and operate a Gourmet Food buisness here in Oregon. We had 10 products, sold nationally. We are down to one,,,A Garlic Barbeque sauce. I now have time for my hobbies, riding a Harley, traveling and of course,,, detecting !!!!

I'm officially retired (26 years teaching broadcasting at Parkland College in Champaign, IL), but I still do a lot of substitute teaching at the college.

I also have a small but steady income from selling the books I've written.

Like many writers, I've had a long and varied career (before I began teaching): radio disc jockey, real estate broker, magazine writer, newspaper writer and photographer, wedding photographer, Air Force medic, theater projectionist, block-ticket sales for the Atlanta Braves. And a paper route as a kid, then working in the newspaper office on vacations from college.

Veteran Member

I play music for a living , meager one at that , but its what i do, fortunatly my wife has a good job and puts up with me , seriously we do ok, and i love to detect
    Minelab E-Track ,Minelab SE, with stock coil, 10/12 sef coil , sunray 8 inch coil

silver count: 2011, 117 silvers , 20 indian heads

I push buttons all day long at a printing company. About to buy/fix/sell some houses soon I hope...
    Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - Deus

I count grains of sand on the beaches of the world. It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it!
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

I'm a forester for a timber company. For all you builders and contractors, I plant the trees for the projects you, or your kids, will be building 25 years from now.

been disable for 10 years now 4 dics out back so far stay a home dad now wife when back to work when the the boy was 2 month old hit was hard at frist but I would do it all over again best time of my life she home now to help my son will be 6 dec 1 he going to be a good hunting buddy it is something we all can do together me the the wife and the son what a team
    TDI Pro MXT Pro Mxt V3i 4x6 6x10 9 1/2 10" 12 super 9x14 12"DF 7.5 DF dx-1 garrett pro pointer

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderwort View Post
    I'm a forester for a timber company. For all you builders and contractors, I plant the trees for the projects you, or your kids, will be building 25 years from now.
    How do you get them to grow in a U shape? Every time I go to buy lumber, all the boards are shaped like that. rofl
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View Post
    How do you get them to grow in a U shape? Every time I go to buy lumber, all the boards are shaped like that. rofl
    Jason. It's easy to grow them U shaped. The hard part is running them through the saw mill and maintaining the U shape the builders seem to like these days.

Skin diver for Roto Rooter

Quote Originally Posted by Napa Steve View Post
    Skin diver for Roto Rooter
    rofl rofl

Retired PG&E'r here!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

I'm a cabinetmaker,,self employed for 17 years now. I walk 75' and I am at work. My wife helps with some of the staining and finishing,,,my son helps with the heavy work when he can.
    I was a carpenter for 16 years before that,,,I'm a 5th generation carpenter,,,,wood is in my blood,,,literally I think
    I can only please one person per day,,,today is not your day,,,tomorrow isn't looking good either.

2011 silver coins> 18,,,,13 IH,,,,2 V nickels,,,2 Shield nickels
    2010 silver coins >4,,,,the year that wasn't
    2009 silver coins> 77> 49 IHs> 15 V nickels>9 Buffs

Retired after 31.5 years in Engineering and Management with International Harvester which later became Navistar.
    Oh yeah! [img width=44 height=55]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r211/goatrancher/Smileys/Old.gif[/img] Well take this!

Retired locomotive engineer, with 36 years service.
    Tomorrow should be a great day, provided nothing stops me from preventing it from not happening.

Retired hospital pharmacy buyer. Retired after 39 years 4 months and 5 days.
    My wife and i own a flower shop here. So now it's time to dig holes in other peoples states! <:
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

Cost Analyst, Offshore Gulf of Mexico Drilling and Completions group for a major oil and gas company. Not doing too much drilling these days......