Thread: Database Upgrade and Forum Downtime -- PLEASE READ

Database Upgrade and Forum Downtime -- PLEASE READ

*** FORUM DOWNTIME NEXT WEEK***

Beginning late this weekend Angel will be moving the forum to a larger database to accomodate for our continued growth and space needs.

Unfortunately the move to a new database will take 24 to 48 hours. Also unfortunately, Angel will need to upload the forum to the new database manually and as such, the forum will be offline for this period.

He is planning to bring the forum down beginning at 11:30PM on Sunday, May 15. The goal is to be up and running again by Tuesday, May 17, although it may be Wednesday if things take longer than expected.

Please feel free to post any questions here. During the downtime if you need to contact an administrator, here is the information:

Angel: angellionel@americandetectorist.com

Angie: epi-hunter@americandetectorist.com

Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Re: Database Upgrade and Forum Downtime -- PLEASE READ

It took all night, but the forum maintenance, database and server upgrade was completed much sooner than anticipated. We now have plenty of database space for our posts, so enjoy!

Thank you all for your patience and for sticking with us during the forum outage. I don't anticipate any problems, but please let the moderators or the administrators know if you do experience anything that seems out of the norm.

Now I need to get some sleep.

Thanks again everyone!

wow was that fast ... faster than Coinnut losing something at a hunt lol lol very impressive Angel , how surprised were you at the speed of this ?? yes you earned some naptime for this .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I can't believe how fast you did that!! <:

Awesome job Angel |)
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=5785.msg69071#msg69071 date=1305543187
    wow was that fast ... faster than Coinnut losing something at a hunt lol lol very impressive Angel , how surprised were you at the speed of this ?? yes you earned some naptime for this .

Dan
    lol lol

I was totally surprised at how fast my webhost completed the upgrade request. The sales person I talked to last week had initially given a time frame of 24 to 48 hours, which would have been the bulk of the wait time. I'm sure glad it was shorter than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter link=topic=5785.msg69077#msg69077 date=1305550260
    I can't believe how fast you did that!! <:

Awesome job Angel |)
    It was 'fun'. lol

Thank you (and all of the moderators) for this forum and for all of the work you put into it! It is far and above my favorite metal detecting forum on the internet. I love the format, and all of the wonderful people who frequent here.

Keep up the great work, it is appreciated!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent link=topic=5785.msg69099#msg69099 date=1305556177
    Thank you (and all of the moderators) for this forum and for all of the work you put into it! It is far and above my favorite metal detecting forum on the internet. I love the format, and all of the great people who frequent here.

Keep up the great work, it is appreciated!
    Thank you Tony! We are trying hard to make this a great place for us all.

There's really no comparing this forum to the others, in my opinion. The members of this forum are top notch, cream of the crop types (it almost feels like this site is by invitation only, judging by the hobby leaders who frequent here, yet it is open to anyone!).

You can really sense the passion and experience when you read member posts on this site. Thank you to the moderators for setting it up and maintaining it brilliantly! |)
    Minelab E-trac, Sunray X1 probe

2011 Silver goal: 20 (14 YTD- 8 Rosies, 5 Mercury Head dimes, 1 Barber dime)
    2011 Clad goal: $50 ($132.50 year to date)

Quote Originally Posted by Viking link=topic=5785.msg69111#msg69111 date=1305561627
    There's really no comparing this forum to the others, in my opinion. The members of this forum are top notch, cream of the crop types (it almost feels like this site is by invitation only, judging by the hobby leaders who frequent here, yet it is open to anyone!).

You can really sense the passion and experience when you read member posts on this site. Thank you to the moderators for setting it up and maintaining it brilliantly! |)
    Thanks to all the members who make it fun and who add their knowledge to it. We have some very nice members here. |) The other forums can keep all the trouble makers lol

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=5785.msg69071#msg69071 date=1305543187
    wow was that fast ... faster than Coinnut losing something at a hunt lol lol Dan
    I'm still working on losing you rofl But with my luck I'll find you at a later hunt 8/ The upgrade did go lightning fast Angel thumbsup01
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Phawwww.... that was fast, Angel. Really....

Hope you didn't earn a ticket by breaking speed limits...

TNX for this. happydance02 |)

Veteran Member

Thanks Angel and everyone else for all the work that goes into making this my favorite forum Now we just have to get out and find even more stuff to blow out the new database lol
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Quote Originally Posted by randy link=topic=5785.msg69160#msg69160 date=1305581838
    Now we just have to get out and find even more stuff to blow out the new database lol

<} lol lol
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by randy link=topic=5785.msg69160#msg69160 date=1305581838
    Now we just have to get out and find even more stuff to blow out the new database lol
    And at the rate folks are posting great finds that may come sooner than we think. lol That's not a bad thing though.

A big thanks to you angellionel for keeping the site up and running and I know it's great when things goes even better than expected.

This site is def a
    Ricky