Thread: Pro Pointer Less Sensitive On Tip?

Pro Pointer Less Sensitive On Tip?

I was digging today, found a sliver of aluminum siding, and the Pro Pointer won't read it on the tip of the PP. The sides do, yet I have to physically contact it onto the sides, but it sings nicely. I did a good job of cleaning the tip off, installed a new battery, and it still tested the same. I did an air test on some coins with it and maybe it's paranoia, it seems that the sides are more sensitive to the coins than to the tip as well. Shouldn't the tip logically be the hottest and most sensitive zone? martin

Re: Pro Pointer Less Sensitive On Tip?

That just doesn`t seem right. I have a Auto Max V4 pinpointer that works like you discribe. My Pro Pointer on the other hand had a range of 2 or more off the tip, and the sides have about the same range.
    Bob-Bristol, Wisconsin
    Minelab CTX3030__6" Smart Coil__Minelab Explorer SE Pro__Minelab Pro Find 25
    Garrett AT Pro__4-1/2" Super Sniper Coil__5" X 8" DD Coil__9" X 12" Concentric Coil__Garrett Pro Pointer
    Bounty Hunter Land Ranger__4" Gold Nugget Coil

I had an AutoMax v4 pointer and was not happy with it. Finally got run over by a town truck in a park by mistake.
    Bought the Garrett Pro Pointer and never looked back.
    Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer

Veteran Member

Mine works fine on the tip. I've had 2 go bad already, tho, and Garrett has been really good about repairing/replacing them. If you think yours is bad, just call their 800 number and they will set you up.
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Thanks for the tip Randy, I've heard good things about Garrett standing behind their products
    Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by randy link=topic=5836.msg83686#msg83686 date=1317473923
    Mine works fine on the tip. I've had 2 go bad already, tho, and Garrett has been really good about repairing/replacing them. If you think yours is bad, just call their 800 number and they will set you up.
    Yep me too Just call'em up They'll walk you through the rest thumbsup01
    I'll be calling them again here soon. One of my backups is starting act up I think
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime