Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Display case

Candidate Member

Display case

Rather than just keeping all that small bits and pieces in boxes I decided to put them in some inexpensive Riker cases. I made two of them and probably have enough left over to make another one. I tumble the stuff first and a lot of it turns out to be just junk but and some of it is kind of interesting.
    Oh well it's something to do when you cant get out and dig more of it

OK I have 3 photos to attach, I hit Browse and then (more attachments) but there is no button for upload

OK trying this again, I was looking for an upload button, plus pic must be 300KB or smaller my photo editor says they are but must not be accurate
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Re: Display case

hey Cliff you hit the browse button and it should open a window to your files or pictures select it by double clicking the file or picture and it should appear in the browse box , then you click the post button it should incorporate the picture with the thread. i hope i explained it alright
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Hey Cliff, Del has it right. Just hit browse and find where your pictures are stored. Click on the one you want and it puts the address in the browse box. If you only want one picture the you are ready to post. But if you have more pictures, you have to hit more attachments again for each picture. As for the Riker mounts, they are great. Really nice looking, inexpensive and used by everyone from butterfly collectors to point (arrow head) collectors to you name it lol Can't wait to see what you have. But remember your photos have to be small in size. I resize mine to 600x800. I also make use of the modify button on your own post, in case you forget to add some text or want to add or remove pictures. Experiment on it and if you don't get it, we'll help you further. Can't wait to see your finds mounted!! thumbsup01
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Too funny, I talked so long you posted already. I can here Del laughing already rofl

Candidate Member

Ok I think I got it 8)
    Thanks Del & coinnut!
    I just just thought there should be an upload button to hit after attaching.
    Nothing of any real value here just something to do when you got cabin fever

Hey, that's a great assortment of finds, Cliff. I do like the way they display too. Nice job!

wow Cliff i see some very nice items and cool relics , the little shield shaped thing in the bottom picture looks like an old watch winder . what part of the country do you detect in and do you do alot of relic hunting
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Candidate Member

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    wow Cliff i see some very nice items and cool relics , the little shield shaped thing in the bottom picture looks like an old watch winder . what part of the country do you detect in and do you do alot of relic hunting
    I have only hunted around my home town SD Its small population of 595 And didn't get started till 1911 west of the Missouri was not open to settlement till about 1909.

I mainly coin shoot and am starting my 4th year of detecting I Dig most all small targets is why so many relics I use an Explorer SE with a pro coil, ML 8'' and sunray X5 coils

I did pretty good on silver in 09 do ya wanna see

Very nice.. I love to see other's display case pictures.. Lot of rings and nice jewlery in there...

Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by cliff490 View Post

I did pretty good on silver in 09 do ya wanna see
    Of course we do, we're nosey lol We love silver, almost as much as gold. 8) Hey some of those relics look familiar. It always amazes me that people hundreds or thousands of miles apart, can find some of the same items. How ya gonna mount that silver in them riker boxes??

Candidate Member

The Silver will go into cardboard flips and then plastic sheets of a 3 ring binder. The wheats go in to a folder 100 years of Lincoln's 1909-2009

Heres the silver

Nice silver, even some Barbers showed up thumbsup01 I can't believe how lucky some areas are to have nickels that look good after cleaning. Up here, they usually are junk lol Great amount of silver, with 3 nice large pieces It will be a tough year to beat. I think I'm gonna go out hunting soon.

Those are beautiful! You really did have a terrific year, Cliff. Those WLH's must have had you smiling for some time. Now I want to go detecting too! lol

Beautiful finds and photos! I love the way you have them displayed. You had a great year!! Congrats!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Great displays and finds there Cliff!!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Very nice, very nice indeed. I have all my finds sitting in a tackle box. :-\ I need to do something nice like this. thumbsup01
    Minelab ETrac,Whites BH-ID, Fisher F2, Vibraprobe PP,Bullseye II PP.

Wicked nice displays of your goodies.

They make good display cases... I have some marbles displayed in two or three of those. RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector

Very impressive pics, Cliff.
    Jus' wanted to show/compare yours 'n' mine.
    Got a cruise mobile like the one in your first pic.
    It says Rockford inside the bottom.
    I know that they're not the same (mine's a 2-seater, for instance), but they're close.

Candidate Member

The car is an Oldsmobile tootsietoy.
    I like the detail of the older toys notice the trailer hitch