Thread: New Tesoro Sand Shark

Hybrid View

New Tesoro Sand Shark

I just purchased a new Tesoro Sand Shark last week. So far lots of trash and a few clad and small charms. If anyone has used or is currently using a Sand Shark and has any tips, experiences or feed back it would be greatly appreciated. Mostly I have been trying to get a good setting that gives me the minimal stable threshold so I can hear deep targets yet not have to dial down the Pulse width and loose depth. Battery life is not a concvern for me I just want to find some rings. Any suggestions. Thanks.
    Whites XLT, CTX, XP Deus, CZ21, AT Pro

Re: New Tesoro Sand Shark

hey Stan i wish i could help you out some but unfortunately i'm not very familiar with that machine. i hope someone can chime in and give you some insight on the subject.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Hey Stan,
    I know this is an old post but I am fairly new here. I recently saw your post so I am sure your probably a lot more familiar with your shark.
    I use the sand shark with 8 coil and I love it. Great on battery life and runs smooth as silk. I usually run it with pulse width set at 2 0'clock setting and threshold at the 11:30-12:00 0'clock setting. Works great on my Connecticut beaches.
    Happy hunting
    I like to use the VCO mode.
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee

Thiltizy is spot on with the settings. I'm here in NJ and just got my Sand Shark. Excellent detector but the one thing you will have to deal with is trash, especially in dry sand - nature of the beast. I read where some one said, a ring for every 100 targets.
    Peace
    Mike

Vaquero, Compadre, MXT, Sovereign GT, Surf Dual Field PI

So Stan, how have you done with your Sand Shark over the last year or so? I've done pretty well.. |

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8hCahMryTg

Candidate Member

I got a Tesoro Sand Shark back in July of this year and have had good luck with it. Thought i was going to get skunked this year but had a lucky streak and got 2 gold rings... lots of coins and crazy stuff like a pair of side cutters. A 25 foot extension cord, toe nail clippers etc..

Barry