Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with probe/pinpointers

Re: Need help with probe/pinpointers

The Pistol Probe is supposed to go a little deeper than the Pro Pointer----but one of my buddies has one and while out detecting in a park, someone called in to the police and told them someone had a gun in the park. The Pistol Probe does have a similar shape to a gun.

Oh and my buddy had to explain to the officer and very gentlely slowly showed the officer the pinpointer--while being drawn upon by the officer who told him to put the weapon on the ground.

So you can take that into consideration.

Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin

Re: Need help with probe/pinpointers

Quote Originally Posted by Dimeman View Post
    The Pistol Probe is supposed to go a little deeper than the Pro Pointer----but one of my buddies has one and while out detecting in a park, someone called in to the police and told them someone had a gun in the park. The Pistol Probe does have a similar shape to a gun.

Oh and my buddy had to explain to the officer and very gentlely slowly showed the officer the pinpointer--while being drawn upon by the officer who told him to put the weapon on the ground.

So you can take that into consideration.
    It really is a dumb design What genius said let's make it look like a gun so any of them detectorists can take it to a school or park and look cool rofl One of these days it's gonna get someone killed and then the lawyers will be out
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold