Thread: I have a ?

I have a ?

you guys of course now how nickle/quarters and such lose their silver color, does anyone here know how to make the silver color come backthinkingabout:? Just wonderin because i have a lepord print 50 cent and a red Ike

Re: I have a ?

For clad a tumbler works great. Just be sure to keep your pennies seperate

i see you made youre way over here to lol, well i guess its good that i like rocks when i was younger so that i have a rock tumble lol

If it is silver, try this... make a solution of baking soda and water ( a cup and a half or so), put a sheet of aluminum foil in a glass baking dish... pour in the solution then put the silver in on top of the aluminum. Will clean tarnish up in minutes. RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector

Hey Rick I think he's referring to clad... cuz I've never seen a silver dime turn red As for your question... not much helps it. Even when tumbling, a red dime will still come out red... however a clean red It's the same for clad quarters and nickels... if they are badly stained... usually tumbling doesn't help that much.
    Jimmy - Minelab X-Terra 30 | White's BHID 300 | White's Spectrum XLT | Vibra-Probe 570
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by BenjyH_2009 View Post
    you guys of course now how nickle/quarters and such lose their silver color, does anyone here know how to make the silver color come backthinkingabout:? Just wonderin because i have a lepord print 50 cent and a red Ike
    There are a couple of ways to clean them. Tumbling can work with the proper media. Some of mine still remained red though. But a quick spin on a brass wire wheel and they should clean up. You can also try buffing compound on a wheel also, but remember both those methods are for common - no collector value, coins. Never do the good ones that way.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold