View Poll Results: How many metal detectors do you currently own?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zero- Borrow a friends or still looking to break into the hobby.

0 0%
  • One- And my eyes will never stray...

12 16.44%
  • Two- Everyone needs a backup right???

23 31.51%
  • Three- Papa bear, Mama bear, and Baby bear

14 19.18%
  • Four or more- See 'Hoarder' in the dictionary

24 32.88%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many metal detectors do you own?

How many metal detectors do you own?

I thought I'd give this poll option a try... I was curious as to how many metal detectors you guys own at the present time. I have two, an E-trac (main detector) and an Ace 250, used mainly for when a friend wants to come along on a hunt. Something tells me that some of you own a half dozen, while others only have their one and only .

Let's see what the forum average is! Thanks for looking! thumbsup01
    Minelab E-trac, Sunray X1 probe

2011 Silver goal: 20 (14 YTD- 8 Rosies, 5 Mercury Head dimes, 1 Barber dime)
    2011 Clad goal: $50 ($132.50 year to date)

Re: How many metal detectors do you own?

I just started a few days ago. I have an Ace 350 and a Pro Pointer. Already thinking of going to one of those crazy ones with all the audio tones, maybe an AT Pro. maybe.
    Garrett Ace 350
    Garrett ProPointer
    ---
    3 Indian Head Pennies, 16 Wheat Pennies
    1 Two Cent Piece
    2 V Nickels, 3 Buffalo Nickels, 2 War Nickels
    3 Barber Dimes, 1 Mercury Dime
    1 Barber Quarter
    1 Silver Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Viking link=topic=6462.msg75450#msg75450 date=1311022430
    I thought I'd give this poll option a try...

Let's see what the forum average is!
    As gooda reason as any Good topic! It'll be interesting indeed :->

3. I still have the Prizm IV I started out with. My DFX and my newest weapon in the arsenal my E-Trac thumbsup01
    Plus 2 Pro Pointers and a Bullseye PP but I didn't count those lol
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Just two, but hopefully down to one very soon lol Gotta sell the old one
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Just two for me. The first one I bought and the last one I bought. I've let a few intrigued property owners
    use my Ace while detecting with them. One guy I let keep it for a couple of weeks. He called one night quite excited
    when he found a Mercury dime. Priceless.

Only one, my MXT Pro and I love it. That is why it is so hard to pull the trigger on purchasing an E-Trac that I really want.

All those beautiful finds that Angel, Paul and George post doesn't help the situation.
    MXT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, 5.3 & and 950 coils, Sun Ray Pro Gold HP, Excalibur , 1000 coil, 2, Whites Dual Field PIs, Sovereign GT

Oldest Silver: 17?2 Half Reale

Oldest Coins: 1723 Halfpenny ,1729- ? KG 2rd Half Penny, 1786 Connecticut Copper, 1787 Fugio.

11@ 1807,8 Reale Counterfeit Cache

I have seven. Two are on loan right now.

My main detectors are...

A Gold Bug II that gets the majority of my swings. I hunt the desert for gold and meteorites.

An MXT (older version) with a SunRay probe that is always at the ready.

A V3i that is serial number 016 ...one of the original Visions. It also has a SunRay attached.

An M6 with Sunray attached...awesome coin machine.

Fisher F2 that I throw in the Jeep for impromptu hunts.

A Surfmaster with Mr. Bill's mods. (It's on loan right now because I hardly need it since I moved from the west coast.)

An Ace 250 (with SunRay) that I loan to company.

I recently sold my Detector Pro Wader to a member in California.

I don't think I'm a hoarder, but we hoarders rarely admit our little problem. lol

I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

I currently have three, 2 Prizm IV's and a V3i.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

I have two..

Minelab E-Trac w/Sunray Stock Coil, 5 Sun Ray Coil, 6X8 and 112 SEF
    White's Surf PI Dual Field Metal Detector
    2013 Totals: 4 Coppers 37 Silver Coins 18 Indian Heads 4 V Nickels 5 Buffalos 137 Wheaties 4 Sterling Items
    Website: http://www.ctdirtfisher.com YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CtDirtFisher

Elite Member

I have 3

E-Trac
    Garrett GTP 1350...I think I'm the only person who ever purchased this model...but it is a great all around detector
    Garrett master Hunter 3...

I had a Master Hunter 7 and a garrett 250 stolen from my car several years back

Was thinking about adding a V3i...but after seening Al's issues.....I think I'll pass
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Quote Originally Posted by RobW link=topic=6462.msg75603#msg75603 date=1311166942
    I have 3

E-Trac
    Garrett GTP 1350...I think I'm the only person who ever purchased this model...but it is a great all around detector
    Garrett master Hunter 3...

I had a Master Hunter 7 and a garrett 250 stolen from my car several years back

Was thinking about adding a V3i...but after seening Al's issues.....I think I'll pass
    Rob, you're just fine with the etrac. Told the factory that what really irked me was the fact that my hunting buddy with his Etrac was I told ya soing me.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Good topic. I have a Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum, and a Prism. Also 2 Bullseyes and a propointer. BUT, if I had three or four more, then I would be a hoarder.

I have 2 - both are Fisher 1266 X models. What else do I need Steve in so az
    Fisher 1266X - Lesche digger
    Headband

I have 4 an old Radio Shack that a the guy who runs the thrift store gave me for helping out fixing their bikes....took it out in the yard it beeped and then put it away lol

Ace 250 my first detector, just a really good detector which I have let others use.
    Minelab X-Terra 705 which is really my wifes and she does great with it
    Minelab E-Trac which is the berries!
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Technically I have three, but only one that I use.

1. E-Trac

2. Bounty Hunter that my parents gave me for Christmas about 5 years ago. I hunted with it one time, didn't much care for it, put it away and forgot about it.

3. 1968 Garrett Hunter that was my father's. I have no idea if it would still power up.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Six here....see my sig. I think I need to thin mine collection out alittle so some are gonna go....at some point
    White's Spectra V3i, (2) Garrett AT Pro's, Fisher F2, (2) Garrett Pro-Pointer's

Veteran Member

i have owned as many as 3 at one time . currently i have a v3i and the prizm II i started with .. my son who is 6 now enjoys finding coins i throw in the yard with the P2..if he breaks it its no big deal you know
    im an american proud and free, a son of the south dont tread on me

I started detecting in 1974 using various and heavy detectors including Jetco, Whites & Garretts. Always wanted to try a Compass, but never purchased one.

Presently I have:

1) Original Whites Vision (pre V3) No. 82 off the assembly line. Great Detector!

2) Whites XL Pro (analog Meter) One hellava machine. Deadly accurate!

3) 6000/Di Professional (old blue box) As good as it gets for analog. . . Long live the 6000's!

Recently I just picked up a:

4) Tesoro Vaquero with stock coil. Nice and light. I think I'm going to like this one.

TC-NM

Nokta Impact - White's XL Pro - White's Spectra V3i - Sunray Pro Gold HP, Whites E-9000 by Koss HP - White's Digger - Garrett Pro-pointer AT

Been Detecting Since '74

Why own more than maybe 2 detectors? You normally get real good at using one primary detector after getting ised to the hobby...usually after the first cheapy detector you try, then buying the MAIN detector. Beyond that, aren't we just diluting our keen knowledge of how to read the main detector we got used to back then?

Sure, I can easily see owning many of these if the hobby has paid for itself already. That isn't the case with a lot of hunters though. I guess I don't see the purpose in owning various detectors, while one that one main unit will always get you to the treasure . Maybe it's like ladies buying shoes to some people.

I have 2 machines. First one got me hooked, the V3i INVESTED my money and I don't need another one. I just don't get it.

martin

I have two Ace 250 and Ace250 rofl HH Mike
    Ace 250/Pro pinpointer,Totals 2012: 213 silver coins, 13 silver jewelry, 3 gold rings.