Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SO WHAT HAPPENED

SO WHAT HAPPENED

Where all the posters that came from that other forum,Imight be out of line,but always outspoken.Did all those people,too many to mention ,just dissappear or are they all the guests that we see. It is truly odd to me,by the shear number of people that signed on here Maybe they started thier own forum or they all got virtual girfriends or boyfriends, just curious
    If it wasn't for flashbacks, i would have no memory at all

Re: SO WHAT HAPPENED

I'm still here-----haven't been out much because of the extreme heat and humidity.
    In June there were 20 days of over 95 degree temps......July it was 28 days...and this month every day has been over 100....
    But I have been researching a few areas of excellent potential for silver coins---sure wish it would cool down --at least to the high 80's
    Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin

I'm still here too, thumbsup01
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

That other place was like home to a lot of us.. Seems tough to try to find a 'new' home and be totally comfy.... and tough to get the ambition to metal detect anymore also..At least i'll never have to buy any more equiptment !
    Someday, I wanna be a vampire

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman link=topic=6661.msg78105#msg78105 date=1312838081
    That other place was like home to a lot of us.. Seems tough to try to find a 'new' home and be totally comfy.... and tough to get the ambition to metal detect anymore also..At least i'll never have to buy any more equiptment !
    what ... Rick your not detecting much anymore
    maybe you need another roadtrip to rekindle your passion for the hobby is all...
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Del dude.. I aint been in months.. Maybe a road trip is exactly what i need

I'm also hangin around in the weeds looking in at all the awesome stuff you guys find. i dont post much cuz i cant hope to compete!! (plus i dont find a lot of stuff worthy of posting) lol lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hook link=topic=6661.msg78119#msg78119 date=1312843493
    I'm also hangin around in the weeds looking in at all the awesome stuff you guys find. i dont post much cuz i cant hope to compete!! (plus i dont find a lot of stuff worthy of posting) lol lol
    i only compete with the worked out sites we have to hunt , i just enjoy seeing other's finds and hearing about the hunt and excitement .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman link=topic=6661.msg78105#msg78105 date=1312838081
    I have not detected because i can't take the heat anymore,I will be detecting until i am compltely unable to health wise.Maybe the average forum member life is 4-5 years and it becomes less fun, who knows maybe some will be back,i will be here waiting.I'm comfrtable here ,it's just that i don't want to be the last man standing

Quote Originally Posted by Hook link=topic=6661.msg78119#msg78119 date=1312843493
    what he said
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

example....the most interesting thing that happened on my hunt today was that I kept getting a signal in the middle range. I'd empty half of my trowel and check it for metal. It kept ringing on and off. I'd half it and half it until there was just microscopic particles. Then I gave up. The next hole I halved it again, it finally sounded on an empty plastic trowel. I said, What the @#$%^ Then I discovered I had a nickel IN MY GLOVE at the top of my middle finger. Ironic place for it. This is why I don't post much...oh and I found a deer jaw.....want pics?
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

If you live in connecticut ,there's an awful lot of good stuff to be found there.good luck

Hey Toad, I think you should pay a visit to Sandie again. You had good times there, and it might spark an intrest again. Dave

he would prbably need to sell one of his mxt's just to drive there and back and i know thats not going to happen any too soon. Gas is 3.59 a gallon here

Quote Originally Posted by BOWSER link=topic=6661.msg78194#msg78194 date=1312859465
    he would prbably need to sell one of his mxt's just to drive there and back and i know thats not going to happen any too soon. Gas is 3.59 a gallon here
    I don't get it Can't he just hop down? lol
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Toads with bad backs don't go too far,and his front aint so hot either

Lol !! Jim knows !

I am here more than once everyday, but don't post much...and detect even less! Texas has had how-many-days of over 100 degrees, I lost count, some over 110. I went out to the coin garden(a few buried coins, a few surface coins and pull tab remnant, BIG garden huh!) and messed with some of the settings in the V3i. I tried digging a couple of holes in this over searched yard of mine in late evening a couple of times, and the depression of hitting can slaw, or even worse,,,dry holes, turned me off very fast just because of the sweating and suffering at my nearly 60 years of age. I don't miss tectin' that much right now ;-)

You do have a point though,,it seems that many of those from that other site faded to black. Fact is that some of the real veterans from all sites have seemingly gone missing for lengthy periods of time, maybe it is the summer heat. martin

Veteran Member

I'm hear Jim
    V3i DFX 10 DD 6x10 DD 4x6 DD DX-1

hi dave i knew you were here i'm physic thumbsup01