Thread: What do/would you like to find with a metal detector?

What do/would you like to find with a metal detector?

What do/would you like to find with a metal detector?

Now what I like to find is items with a trustful date on. Like coins or dog tags.

Yes, it would be nice to dig up some gold (nuggets/jewelry) or relics from old eras.

But I'm always happy when pulling out a coin or tag.

What's about you?

Re: What do/would you like to find with a metal detector?

I would love to hunt for the rarest items in a particular area of the country. In New England, it would be Higley coppers, Mass silver. But if I could travel, it would be raw natural copper in the Great Lakes area, gold nuggets out west. Mormon gold, fractional gold and Oregon beaver tokens. Meteorites in the Arizona region and of course, washed up Spanish silver in the Florida area form the Atocha lol That would be fun thumbsup01
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Anything. I am planning on leaving everything to the kids, so seeing that they are really not into old stuff( I told them that Mom and I are spending the cash, so they had better start liking the old stuff). I plan on putting little notes with some of the items, like don't sell cheap , this is worth a lot, you should look this item up. Hopefully they will listen..........but I do have visions of a tag sale
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

I started out with visions of finding old coins which I really like a lot but there are some relics that make great finds (although I'm very uncertain about what area you're not suppose to take them from) and after finding a silver ring, jewelry may become more interesting to me. I'm not looking for wealth, not that I would throw it away if I found it, but I just enjoy detecting especially on a really nice day. Makes me feel glad to be alive.

Thanks.
    Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030

Although I'm very thankful for all the relics I found in such a short time, I would like to see a colonial coin in a hole.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

anything that has a little value to it, that is what keeps me going.
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

I'm sure, as other MDr's would attest, the amount of unusual or odd finds is something to behold. The whatzit? container continues to grow. These oddities may have no monetary value, but it sure is a good feeling when I can recover these things. It's an adventure every time I go out. Just don't know what I'm going to find. For me, that's the thrill of it.
    Digger of dirt and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by firstring link=topic=6883.msg80611#msg80611 date=1314417471
    I'm sure, as other MDr's would attest, the amount of unusual or odd finds is something to behold. The whatzit? container continues to grow. These oddities may have no monetary value, but it sure is a good feeling when I can recover these things. It's an adventure every time I go out. Just don't know what I'm going to find. For me, that's the thrill of it.
    Well said!
    thumbsup01
    Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030

I think that I would be happy with anything in the hole that did not look like a pull tab.
    Oldest Coin: 1846 LC

Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer

Anything at all with the 6 numbers stamped on it, for the next Texas Lotto, EVEN a pull tab ;-) martin

Realistically...a ring of any kind. ml

I mostly search totlots and the park areas where they are --and some schoolyards.
    I like to find jewelry items and any coins at all----clad is free spending money !!!!!!!
    Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin

Well rounded hunts from virgin yards, that's what I look for. Copper floats from here in Wisconsin would be cool too!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

I started out loving the relics but find myself more hopeful for pre-1900's coins
    now-a-days. My ultimate find would be a cache
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Yes, a cache would be nice. Especially if it were from the old western era and found after a long an weary research marathon that took me across three desert southwest states.

I would absolutely be beside myself if I started digging and hit an obvious cache of serious size, like Jesse James treasure. Part of my property is along a river tributary up here in north Texas, and anything is possible when it comes to 1800 time period for either criminal or civil war buried treasue. Truth is, I've never even had the detector back in that wooly, wooded strip of land but one time long ago, for about 2 minutes. It is so entangled with vines and timbers, I've just avoided it, outta sight, outta mind except for knowing the real work waiting in working that mess. martin

I always want to find a type of coin or token that I have not found before, that is my general goal whenever I go out.
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album