Thread: Hi new member from central indiana

Hi new member from central indiana

Hi everyone my name is David im presently living in central indiana I love metal detecting.
    i have a terrible md at this moment its called a treasure hunter 3030 or a gc1010
    which ever you prefer to call it lol i call it junk. im working on upgrading to an xtera 505 or f2 kit combo. i md about 4 times a week. so far i have found a 1909 miners token ingles currency first day out >=) a 1938 buffalo head nickle a 1903 Indian head penny and some kinda Chinese currency along with about 40 dollars in clad and a few pounds of pop tops

also was told to let you know that some feller names spike sent me!

Re: Hi new member from central indiana

hello David and welcome to the forum , Spike is a good guy . i hope you get your upgrade soon as nobody like to hunt with a machine their not happy with . theres alot of reading to do on the various machines and just ask a few questions if your not sure about one .glad you could be with us .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Veteran Member

Welcome from Chester County, PA
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Welcome from western ma. NIce that you can hunt 4 time a week. Looking forward to your posts.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

You found us you will love this forum the guys on here will go out of there way to help you with whatever you need thumbsup01

Welcome aboard from western MA. It seems like you are hooked on detecting already, so no need for pep talks lol If you can find those items already with your current machine, Spike better watch out when you get a better one Nice to have you mortifercain.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Hello from central Illinois, David, and welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here! It sounds like you are doing OK with that junk machine. Keep us updated with your progress!

Tony
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

heres another big welcome from central Illinois,, WELCOME !
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

Hey David - Welcome Aboard!

I hunted Indianapolis for over a decade. It was always such a great place for detecting because I never ran out of places to search. It was virtually unlimited. And you never really had to go too far. The most interesting was the old Riverside Amusement Park before it was torn down. It was like time had stood till. The tall wooden roller coaster was a bit on the spooky side while detected next to it. I'm sure the early people to detect the grounds came out with pocketfuls of silver.

Did you end up getting a new detector?

Brian

Hi David, glad to have you here.
    I live my life one target at a time
    since '68

Welcome to American Detectorist mortifercain. Glad to have you here with us.
    You have been doing very well with your machine. Some nice ones under your belt already.
    Looking forward to your posts.

Welcome to the forum David from Westfield Massachusetts. Happy Hunting!! Best of luck to you on future finds!!
    We are not here for a long time, We are here for a good time. Happy Hunting!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Oldest coins: 1690's William III Copper
    1787 N J Copper, 1787 Ct Copper
    massdirtfisher@gmail.com

Veteran Member

welcome aboard from athens ga .
    im an american proud and free, a son of the south dont tread on me