Thread: First Silver for 2010

First Silver for 2010

Went to the Cape(Cod) over the weekend.Was going to do some low tide detecting,actually I did,no luck.But I happened to look up and noticed the ocean had been eating away at a few back yards abutting the beach,and i figured never know.Wasn,t long running the XLT over the sand and I got a hit.After shacking the sand out of my scoop sitting at the bottom was a 1940 wheatie.That was encouraging.I then picked up 4 clads as i moved along and then bingo.I digs the scoop into the sand shake it out,and there sitting on the bottom was the beautifull sight of silver.Turns out to be a 1941 Washington Quarter.Another half dozen clads and I packed it in.Will be hitting those spots in the future,along with a few more.

Re: First Silver for 2010

Congrats, a silver quarter is the perfect way to start the year thumbsup01 I'm still waiting for my first silver of the year. Of course it would help if I could get out with my detector :bangahead01:

Sounds like an excellent weekend!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

If we only knew how much silver and gold was being tossed around them dunes, I think we would be amazed. One thing about the ocean, it's always hiding and exposing the finds. Where else can you get a new penny next to a silver coin all at 1 inch I think you have a great spot there and hopefully it will produce for you. A great start to the new year. thumbsup01
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

WTG!!! Still looking for my first silver out here on the west coast.
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Great find.... still waiting to just get out.. still cold here. RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector