Thread: Can you embed YouTube videos?

Can you embed YouTube videos?

The simple answer is YES!

The preferred method: All a member has to do is copy and paste the embed code from YouTube into his/her post without any additional changes or BB coding, and it will show the video for playing once the post is completed.

OR

You can create a Gallery for yourself and load the video link as a new item. Then use the bbc embed code [smg id=XX type=av] (without the quotes) in your post to add the video.

Thanks to Angel for installing the Avea mod!
    [move]White’s MXT Minelab E-Trac Oldest coin: 1875 Indian Head Cent Oldest Silver Coin: 1886 Seated Liberty Dime[/move]

Re: Can you embed YouTube videos?

Hey Dale can you provide a link? Love watching those. Your last one that Steve sent me was good..

Bruce
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

If you meant a link to our video, it's in the Road Trip! thread from a few days ago. Just scroll down.
    [move]White’s MXT Minelab E-Trac Oldest coin: 1875 Indian Head Cent Oldest Silver Coin: 1886 Seated Liberty Dime[/move]

There is a mod for this programming that will do it as well so all you need is the web addy of the video. Not sure if it's something Angellionel wants to use for his own reasons, but it's called Avea.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieDigger View Post
    If you meant a link to our video, it's in the Road Trip! thread from a few days ago. Just scroll down.
    Oh yea, Thanks man!

Bruce
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    There is a mod for this programming that will do it as well so all you need is the web addy of the video. Not sure if it's something Angellionel wants to use for his own reasons, but it's called Avea.
    I do believe he's looking into that, but this was just a quick work around until that happens. It's pretty simple to do as long as you don't mind creating a gallery.

Yup. I gotcha Okie. Figured as much.

Thanks Donna I had mentioned that mod to him before but forgot the name, but that is it. He needs to install it.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    Thanks Donna I had mentioned that mod to him before but forgot the name, but that is it. He needs to install it.
    Sure, just keep adding to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
    Sure, just keep adding to the list.
    I'm dead
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Update: Angel has installed Avea making it as simple as ever to have embedded videoes. Thanks!

The new instructions are in the original post. thumbsup01

That will definately make it easier to embed those vids. I would really like to see some more on the site!