When I started this hobby I was happy when I got my $250 Whites Coinmaster. As I grew in the hobby I decided I would need to spend more money if I really wanted to find the good stuff. So I shelled out $550 and bought a Whites Coinmaster 6000 XL Pro. Surely this would be all I would need. Well, not really because soon there were newer, more advanced detectors which incorporated LCD displays, V.D.I. numbers, multiple tones, multiple frequencies and even the depth of the target! Like many others I continued my quest for the best detector, and there were, well, a few more. The MXT, Fisher F75, the DFX, and what some would say, the best metal detector of all times, the Minelab Etrac. Despite owning the best, something was still missing. I wasn't really finding any more then I did with my less expensive detectors. How could this be?! I own the best?! I paid top dollar?! Paging through one of the treasure mags, I would see the Tesoro ads, simple ads, which were clearly not as impressive as the Whites, Fisher or Minelab ads, still, there was something intriguing about this simple looking, inexpensive metal detector. I checked the forums and they sure had a following. But Tesoros are, well, basically toys compared to the high end machines, right? Well about a year ago I gave in and decided to buy a Vaquero and soon began to find more coins and jewelry then I had with any other detector I've owned. Why? I quickly found that Tesoros bring out the best in your skills. I developed a sound technique and disciplined hunting practices. It comes down to this; the most expensive metal detector wont necessarily find more, but, the right metal detector in skilled hands will. As for my DFX, F75 and Etrac, sold them all. Oh yea, my Compadre should be here on Wednesday.