Thread: HS RING - Owner Found!!

HS RING - Owner Found!!

I located the owner of the school ring that I found last sunday at the local park. I am amazed that I found the owner as the ring is NOT a high school ring. It is actually a Elementary Graduation ring for Holy Spirit School.
    I googled Holy Spirit School but no high school came up, just elementary school... So I just started emailing the school asking if they had a student from 2008 with the name engraved in the ring. My email was cautious as I didn't want to make anyone think I was a sexual predator, but that I just wanted to return the ring.
    Anyways, the Sister of the school contacted the family and they just called me this evening to verify the ring. So these folks live about 3 hours from me in NJ, they were here this summer for a softball game and the daughter lost the ring at the park.
    Sorry for the long post, but am thrilled I was able to find the owner!!
    Equipment: Garrett AT Pro

Re: HS RING - Owner Found!!

Congrats on finding the owner and getting the ring returned!!!! Good job on the detective work too!!! No better feeling than getting a lost item back to its owner. I;ve been fortunate enough to get a few rings returned and the smile on their face and their gratitude is worth MUCH more than the weight of gold in the rings!!!

If you didn't already get that ring to the owner, I bet they will be so happy to see it again. It probably amazes people that you can actually find something that was lost, and thought to never be found again. It may even make them take up metal detecting Great job.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Great job! I was able to return a ring not too long ago and it's a good feeling.
    [move]White’s MXT Minelab E-Trac Oldest coin: 1875 Indian Head Cent Oldest Silver Coin: 1886 Seated Liberty Dime[/move]

Scott, thats an amazing story and have u any idea the good karma headed ur way? Now ur really gonna find the goods.

Next, bring me a shrubbery!

Aaron

And now the metal detectorist pledge.
    "I pledge to do my honor, to do my best AND seriously investigate ALL deep signals!"

Minelab SE (Is there really any other manufacturer?) 2011 totals = 24 silver coins, 3 LC,1 war of 1812 artillary button , 1 token, 6 IH pennies, 1 2 cent piece

Nicely done. I can just see the smiles.

Nice return!! It sure makes you feel good when you can return a lost item. thumbsup01

EXCELLENT!! WTG. I agree that good karma is on its way to you for doing this. I have foound a lot of rings but alas.......no names on the inside for me to return them. Oh well maybe someday the karma fairy will pay me a visit..........EH!
    Minelab ETrac,Whites BH-ID, Fisher F2, Vibraprobe PP,Bullseye II PP.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyguy View Post
    Scott, thats an amazing story and have u any idea the good karma headed ur way? Now ur really gonna find the goods.

Next, bring me a shrubbery!

Aaron
    Does anyone know where Roger the Shrubber lives? Next I suppose you'll want me to cut down a tree with ..... A Herring? Or you'll change your name from Hockeyguy to the knight that goes Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm
    Equipment: Garrett AT Pro

Great job and story.. My hats off to you!!

Bruce
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

Excellent Job! thumbsup01 I hope someday I can do the same for someone too!

A job well done CSC bet that was one happy little girl. thumbsup01
    E-Trac, Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium.

WTG Cats!! 8)
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Get a picture of the return, then send the story into White's..they love ring returns and it almost assures you they will accept the story and award you a $100.00 ceritificate.

Awesome, ÇÇ!!! thumbsup01
    Too bad you couldn't get a picture handin' it over. You coulda used it along with a story submission to the site of your machine's make or to a magazine.