Thread: So many bottlecaps, pulltabs and other........

So many bottlecaps, pulltabs and other........

.... JUNK !!!!!!!That you don't want to hear all the bad target soundsthinkingabout:
    Neither does anyone else so they move to a different area that is cleaner with less trash..

That is GREAT news for some of us who occaisionally want to find older coins, in the older parks.
    Yes there is many years of trash thrown all over the park and some of it just as old as when the park was 1st used.
    By gridding a small section--220 foot and slowing down your swing speed and setting your DISC just above iron, these areas CAN suprise you.

Of course you have to dig every signal no matter what.......but in between the years of trash and junk, and under all the shallow trash, there is a very strong possibility of old coins that nobody has dug up yet.
    We know digging up metal trash is boring----------BUT-----you never know what will be in the ground until you dig it up and see it !!!!!!!!!!

In such an 220 ft square area I dug bottlecap after bottlecap...pulltab after pulltab...junk pieces of metal after junk pieces of metal for 1 1/2 hours in a 20 ft.X20 ft. section of a 1940's park. I did this in 2 separate parks this morning using my Fisher F5.

These parks have been hunted and hunted by a good number of very good detectorists.
    I got over $9 in clad (94 coins others didn't get----- late 1960's to early 1970's clad) AND ---7 wheats
    [attach=1]

and a silver dime.

[attach=2]

Just in a 220 section of 2 separate parks. I bet there is lots more still hidden under all the trash.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin

Re: So many bottlecaps, pulltabs and other........

You are sooo right. There are many goodies being hidden by iron. I was in my yard yesterday testing my separation and was saddened when i couldnt get a dime to speak that was 3 or 4 inches away from a 5 ×7 piece of sheet metal.
    I'm going to try it again when the rain stops. Its changing the way I'm invisioning what's going on under ground.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

And since nobody else want to hunt those areas, because of all the trash in the ground, you can take your time and cover small sections, over a period of outings.

Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin

Good post. That`s how I feel. I haven`t had quite the results as Dimeman, but I am finding my clad deeper, so I think the silver is getting closer. Keep them insirational post coming.
    Bob-Bristol, Wisconsin
    Minelab CTX3030__6" Smart Coil__Minelab Explorer SE Pro__Minelab Pro Find 25
    Garrett AT Pro__4-1/2" Super Sniper Coil__5" X 8" DD Coil__9" X 12" Concentric Coil__Garrett Pro Pointer
    Bounty Hunter Land Ranger__4" Gold Nugget Coil

Those that work hard will reap the benefits. Nice post, hope you get it all
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

:->I trick myself into believing the pull tabs and bottle caps are the good stuffs that I want(reverse psychology) and everything else in between-- just a bonus

Veteran Member

Trash is your friend. Congrats on sniffing that silver out.
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

i have had a hard time getting that very same message to my grandson he is 11 by the way in the last 3 or 4 hunts at our local park that has been hunted hard for years he was able to find a great looking 1881 ih and then a 1913 barber dime goes to show you take your time and the rest will take care of itself good luck hunting dennis

not a fan of bringing threads back to life, but this is by far the best motivation! Dimeman you said it right!
    Start with optimism and you will Finish with satisfaction!