Thread: Shovel RX?

Veteran Member

Shovel RX?

I'm curious if someone can give me a shovel recommendation for md'ing. Portable, good in wooded sites, cuts thru roots like butter, good value ...

TIA
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Re: Shovel RX?

they make some great durable relic shovels at Predator tools , George(Coinnut ) has been using the same one for years , small and light .he has beat the $%*! out it and the thing is pretty indestuctable . ya just have to sharpen it from time to time ,my next one will be one you can bet on it.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I already have a ground shark and my daughter wanted one also. I put a wanted add on a couple of forums and got one slightly used for just over half price. Do a wanted add and save some money.
    Wishin I was a dirt fishin!

Yep, Love my Predator shovel. I think when I bought it they were called Lesche? 1995ish?? Then the whole soap opera thing happened lol and part of the family became Predator. But it is a great shovel. I think I paid around $60.00 for it and it's going on 15 years now I even pry huge rocks with it. But it is almost time to get a new, sharp one. Maybe in the next 5 years I'll get one rofl
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Just want to add one more supporting vote for the Predator shovel... awesome tool. RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector

i have the predator mauler.awesome shovel and well worth the $60.i roll over down trees with it sometimes.its like a prybar! thumbsup01
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

From what I read Lesche and Predator are owned by the same family. The daughter owns predator. Don't know who owns Lesche, maybe her father? Anyone know?
    " What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

I just got the Little Eagle . Weighs about 2 lbs and is 27 1/2 inches tall and 4 1/2 X 7 7/8 inches on the shovel part with double sided sharp edges. I paid just under $60. Cuts like butter. Very duravle looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    " What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

Quote Originally Posted by sjv View Post
    From what I read Lesche and Predator are owned by the same family. The daughter owns predator. Don't know who owns Lesche, maybe her father? Anyone know?
    From what I understood, there was a lot of fighting and the families went their separate ways and that is why there were two companies. But last I heard, all was well I think lol

That is a great shovel and the direct copy of my earlier 1990's Lesche (before the split). I love that little guy lol

This is the one I like. Picked it up at an Army Surplus Store. Just watch for cheap imitations. This one is regular GI, NATO issue and is rugged as heck.

Oh yeah! [img width=44 height=55]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r211/goatrancher/Smileys/Old.gif[/img] Well take this!

Looks like one heck of a shovel lol thumbsup01

I like the fact it is a belt carry unit too. You can also lock it at a 90 degree angle and use it like a pick. thumbsup01
    Oh yeah! [img width=44 height=55]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r211/goatrancher/Smileys/Old.gif[/img] Well take this!