Two years ago today the American Detectorist forum was born.

Thank you to everyone who has made this place a success.

This is a contest to celebrate the anniversary.

To enter, all you have to do is post your most memorable hunt, or experience, etc. since joining AD. Prizes will be raffled off to everyone who qualifies and enters. Everyone who enters and qualifies will have an equal chance of winning.

Prizes:

1st place: Choice of: Sun-Ray X-1 or DX-1 (or other compatible) in-line probe, or $150 in cash

2nd place: Choice of: Garrett Pro Pointer, or $100 cash

There will also be numerous other prizes, including silver coins and some American Detectorist T-shirts or similar. This will depend on the number of entries and will be detailed later.

I started a new thread for entries, which is stickied to the top of this forum and is located here. Please don't post entries on this thread, but you can post questions/comments on this thread. Post entries on the thread referenced above..

This contest is not about the best find(s). What you choose to post could be your best hunt in terms of finds, or it could be significant for any other reason. Or, it could just be something important you learned or an Ah-Ha moment that you had when detecting, or someone or something that positively influenced you in that way. It does not have to be a finds-based post, but it can be.

The only rules are:

1) Do not copy-and-paste another post from this site or another site. Just re-write it enough to be original, if that is the case.

2) Please make it a decent quality post (those not deemed so will be disqualified). It doesn't have to be long.

3) New members are welcome to enter, but they must be deemed to be active members of this site at the time of the prize awards.

4) If there are not at least 20 entries, then the contest will be cancelled.

My hope is that this will form a great thread of member experiences since AD was founded by angellionel on October 22, 2009.

Names will be drawn for prizes approximately one month from now. I will announce the exact date shortly, but it will be the week before Thanksgiving.

AD staff is eligible as well.

Have fun!

Angie