Thread: My first Excalibur II GOLD!!

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

My first Excalibur II GOLD!!

I finally found my first gold item with the Excalibur II. After 35 years of land hunting I could not resist the temptation to hunt the water. The price of gold also had a little bit to do with it. I had my first water hunt in the beginning of Sept. and have put about 20 hours in the water since then. I've recovered a few pieces of silver jewelry and my share of clad and junk. Water hunting is a lot of work, but the good chance of finding gold keeps you going. Well I did it, my first gold. I returned to my friends restaurant that is on a lake. It's the one where I found the gold ring that his friend had lost under the deck. The restaurant used to be an icecream parlor with a small beach. I figured it had to have some goodies in the water. When I entered the water and walked in about 6 feet I started to sink in the muck and I thought this isn't going to be good. The shore line wasn't as bad so I stayed within two swings of the shore and worked it slowly. I found two junk kids rings and silver dime then I got a nice solid hit. When I pulled the scoop up I was thinking another pull tab but there it was a shiny Gold ring. I just stared at it in disbelieve and then I thought take it out and check for a mark. It was marked 14K and I'm not sure of the weight because I don't have a scale. I also found another silver dime, a wheat and two religious medals. When I posted the story about finding a gold ring and returning it to the owner a few people said that they believed in Karma and that I would be paid back for my good deed. Im also now a believer in Karma. Thanks for looking.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Re: My first Excalibur II GOLD!!

That is FANTASTIC!!!

Great story and great finds!! I too really want to get into the water. Very inspiring, thank you for posting! |
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Score!! <:
    The gold ring is a beauty.

SWEEEET!

Beautiful gold ring! Congrats on the great day! |)
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Fighter 43 link=topic=7576.msg87194#msg87194 date=1319739397
    .... but there it was a shiny Gold ring. I just stared at it in disbelieve and then I thought take it out and check for a mark. It was marked 14K ....
    lol rofl That sounds like something I would do! lol
    Kinda like the deer in the headlight look ... .... <:..... happydance02 lol
    Great find!!
    Congrats
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Nice finds, congrats on the gold.
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Very nice gold. Here in Wisconsin it won`t be long before we can walk on water.
    Bob-Bristol, Wisconsin
    Minelab CTX3030__6" Smart Coil__Minelab Explorer SE Pro__Minelab Pro Find 25
    Garrett AT Pro__4-1/2" Super Sniper Coil__5" X 8" DD Coil__9" X 12" Concentric Coil__Garrett Pro Pointer
    Bounty Hunter Land Ranger__4" Gold Nugget Coil

hey good hunting thumbsup01 Wtg
    The Best Beach Hunters Dig all Targets
    Silver Seekeers, FMDAC, The Geritol Metal Detecting Gang

Congratulations on your great recoveries. The glint of gold sure makes your feet go quick, as in happy dance. Many more happy dances for you in the quest for gold.
    Digger of dirt and proud of it

Congrats on the gold!

I've always thought of water hunting as much easier than turf hunting. Either way, it looks like you have a great spot to hunt!
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

nice ring, someone was very un-happy when they lost that. I enjoy reading the stories that go along with a hunt. Thanks

WTG on getting the gold. I have been toying with trying this water hunting thing and reading posts like this, it's getting harder not to. Congrats on some nice hunting.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff link=topic=7576.msg100604#msg100604 date=1329340122
    WTG on getting the gold. I have been toying with trying this water hunting thing and reading posts like this, it's getting harder not to. Congrats on some nice hunting.
    I toyed with the idea for a while and then decided to just jump in so to speak, LOL? It is a little more work than land hunting but just as addicting. When I saw that gold in my scoop it was very exciting.

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

it looks like it would be exiting to find all the gold and silver you see a lot of the guys find but i am nervous about dropping the detector in the water i am hoping to get a water detector someday great find on the ring the silver are also good finds congrats dennis

Seet ring FF! WTG! More to come for sure1

Congrats on scoring some gold. Happy Hunting!!
    We are not here for a long time, We are here for a good time. Happy Hunting!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Oldest coins: 1690's William III Copper
    1787 N J Copper, 1787 Ct Copper
    massdirtfisher@gmail.com

nice gold find- Just wondering and this maybe a subject for another forum post- Does anybody sell their Gold and silver ( not coins ) and reinvest the money to do more MDing. I have sold most of my finds to a coin shop over the years and think I have made the right choice doing that- Next week when I go hunting again I'll have to think about it hopefully!!
    Between my machine beeping and my tinnitus - my ears/brain are very busy. Using a Ace 350.

I keep everything but the clad and gold. If the gold is something my wife wants then I would let her keep it. Yes, I put it back into my detecting Equipement fund.

sweet!!
    Whites XLT, CTX, XP Deus, CZ21, AT Pro

Aloha the first one is the hardest and I see more gold for you in the future.
    HH, islandchips