Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: detector cover

detector cover

i was told to show off my new two piece cover for my DFX i got a little over a month ago. i have to say this cover is really really well made of Dupont water resistant army grade cordura material. very tough and i would highly recommend it if you want to save your machine from the elements , dust or if your the type to go into the thick under growth of the woods ect. i've only had mine for around a month and it is one hardy product . if anyone is interested in getting more info on them as this company makes them for a few different detectors ( whites, minelabs, and a few others as well ) let me know . i don't have any stock with the company i just think that they make a quality product is all.

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Re: detector cover

Yeah I'll bite. I'm interested. Looks like just what I'm looking for.
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Yep, I've seen it and it looks like a better, more durable cover. Tighter fitting too. Where we hunt, you need every extra protection for your gear, that you can get Not much more costly than other covers.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

That's as good a cover as any... and those canvas like material surely is more rugged that that windbreaker material most of them are made out of
    Jimmy - Minelab X-Terra 30 | White's BHID 300 | White's Spectrum XLT | Vibra-Probe 570
    My Blog

Ok tell us where to get them.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SpringTxDigger View Post
    Ok tell us where to get them.

Thanks!
    They are sold by a small UK company called Thesaurus Accessories. They have an eBay store HERE, but I think that's about. Some dealers might carry a few of them for different machines as well.
    Jimmy - Minelab X-Terra 30 | White's BHID 300 | White's Spectrum XLT | Vibra-Probe 570
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by sectshun8 View Post
    They are sold by a small UK company called Thesaurus Accessories. They have an eBay store HERE, but I think that's about. Some dealers might carry a few of them for different machines as well.
    yup Jimmy thats correct they usually only put the ad in the U.K. ebay and list just a few limited numbered covers available at a time and then post another ad a few days later . thanks for the link buddy. thumbsup01

Dan

Ah, lots nicer lookin' than my ziplock bag... lol
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

How's the plastic window? Mine gets smudgy and and hard to see through after having it awhile.I guess it's from condensation getting in on the other side of the plastic. Is this one pretty air tight?
    " What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

Quote Originally Posted by sectshun8 View Post
    Thanks I think I'll invest in these. If it starts drizzling when I'm hunting I don't like to stop Sometimes forget to keep the baggies stocked in the car....

Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Yep there nice have a set for my MXT they have a waterproof looking material on the inside and very thin layer of what looks to be padding in the middle with the heavy nylon shell on the outside. I heard they are handmade and they fit like a glove, they are real nice to keep the dirt out and if you have a MXT or M6 they will keep the limbs and saplings from turning knobs and flipping switches while hunting in the woods. You can order them from detecnicks in the UK if shipping to the US you will need to E-mail them for the price and pay with paypal just have them send the invoice when you have the funds in the account. If your like me and don't want to link your checking account to paypal you can buy a moneypak card from walmart and other places I think to fund the paypal account.
    MXT300 D2,950,6x10,4x6

They look like they will take a lot of abuse.
    I live my life one target at a time
    since '68

If your looking for an E-Trac cover check out the Sunray cover I have one and it is very nice, fits well and quite rugged
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Candidate Member

I found a nice cover for my XLT in ebay, made in the states. Made for other makes and models also. It's a 3 piece set, box, display and even the hand grip. Fits and looks good and made of digital pattern camo cordura. I like it for the 21.95 shipping included. I am in no way affiliated with this product, just trying to share the info.

Gene
    "I DIG IT"

hey Gene , thanks for showing it . how does the cover fit on the box part can you add a couple more pictures of the bottom and any straps or drawstrings .

Dan

Candidate Member

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    hey Gene , thanks for showing it . how does the cover fit on the box part can you add a couple more pictures of the bottom and any straps or drawstrings .

Dan
    Hi Dan, sorry I don't have anymore pic's right now, however I can take/post additional later. The cover has two reinforced slits that each side of the arm cuff fits through. The top of the cover has velcro that runs the length of the box, there is a hole for the headphone wire with a flap and velcro closure. The front of the box closes around the coil wire with velcro also. When I ordered the cover I had to specify it was for the MXT or DFX, I got the one for the DFX because the box is the same as the XLT-no knobs. Hope this helps.

Gene
    "I DIG IT"

I just got mine today, boy shes a beauty and really does fit like a glove, this baby is durable

we got two days ago for the V3i and the MXT Pro they are SWEEET now if they make one for the TDI Pro we be set
    TDI Pro MXT Pro Mxt V3i 4x6 6x10 9 1/2 10" 12 super 9x14 12"DF 7.5 DF dx-1 garrett pro pointer

If any of you guys looking for Thesaurus covers, shoot me a PM...

Thanks
    Xasp61/Jon

Veteran Member

the dfxinator rofl
    im an american proud and free, a son of the south dont tread on me