Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Purposely GB The V3i Over Non Clean Ground, Balance Still Good!

Re: Purposely GB The V3i Over Non Clean Ground, Balance Still Good!

Thank you Bob! Your input is greatly appreciated here on the forum, as always.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Thanks coinshooter and RCSnake for the input. I sometimes do the first method (oops forgot about that) and I can say NOT ONCE has my GB been off in that way. I admit I have to do it more often but I had been doing it 2 or more times or so a hunt up until a few hunts ago with perfect results. Guess with it always having a good GB I have been spacing it lately.

I'll start doing it more often!

Coinshooter - The strange thing with Martin's GB test is that he picked up the coin better at 8! That is why I thought he must have essentially had his GB + offset enough to make it more sensitive to the coin. I thought then comparing it to a regular offset would have proven this...

Thx,
    EMS

Ground balancing over a target will pull the ground balance point if the target strength and phase reading from target combined with the phase and target strength from the ground signal still falls within ground range of the instrument. If the combined resultant of these two targets is out of this range the instrument will not track to the target. If the instrument does balance then the effect would be like applying an offset to the ground balance point and this offset may increase target depth on some targets.

This range can be extended by using either the salt mode under frequency or by using the salt setting under Tracking/soil. By doing this it is possible to ground balance over a nail but not targets like a quarter unless the quarter is having an effect that would apply to the above paragraph.

The ground balancing of the instrument is really critical to in mineralized ground to achieve the best depth. With that being said if the ground is so weak then the ground balance point is not that critical but to get the most out of the instrument it is best to ground balance the instrument. Or at least this is my opinion on this subject. HH

rcsnake