Thread: Saturday with the gang at GGP

Saturday with the gang at GGP

M.T., Judi, Mike and I got together for at GGP yesterday for a nice day of hunting in the sun. I was really pleased that everyone was on the boards with silver before lunch. The free lunch wagon side show, and the continuous beat of the drums make for an interesting Saturday afternoon. I swear those drums are interfering with my ability to listen to low conductor signals You just gotta keep telling yourself to ignore it and concentrate on those signals under the coil. Now for my finds:

We keep pounding the same area, but yet it continues to produce . I found the 1939S Merc in the morning, and the silver bracelet and silver ornament in the latter part of the afternoon. The silver bracelet taught me to pay more attention to low conductors, because it came it at CO=10 on my E-Trac. It just sounded good, compared to foil which often comes in at CO=10. Anyone care to guess what the silver ornament piece was been part of? It looks like its from the Victorian period, but I'm no expert. Judi suggested it might have been the ornament to a cane, which is the best plausible guess so far.

Well hopefully our silver streak will continue next week. Stay tuned and happy hunting!

-Alex

Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Saturday with the gang at GGP

Hmmmm..I don't know what that piece could of came off of
    Something for the scrap silver container anyway thumbsup01
    But I do know I'd take a Merc any day !
    Congrats
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Nice finds! Not sure what that piece is from; could have been almost anything I guess. But I like it thumbsup01
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

yo A

From the land of the Bluenose.....nice scoff on the silver and getting out with friends!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Nice silver Alex. I'm assuming the back side of that piece is blank. It could be anything. I know small picture frames were popular back then. Could also be some kind of brooch too. It may just be a small part of something bigger. Whatever it is, looks like you had a great day there. If the finds keep coming, why move? You are smart to stay and work it out. Great job on the silver. Was very surprised to see a CO of 10 for anything silver. Could it be a mix or is it just the thin design that is fooling the numbers?
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Great silver haul... hope it continues... RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector

Very Nice Alex...The African drums don't seem to bother you actually, I kinda like them and look forward to them on Saturdays. At least I know where everybody is lol
    HH,
    MT
    E-Trac with all the goodies!

its cool when ya get a few together to share the hobby and a little friendly competition between friends is good for the soul . the marks on the silver thing look hand tooled ,maybe the inside part of a picture locket .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Nice Alex, good to see some West Coast Silver!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Nice little hunt!
    Garrett ACE 250 - Whites Bullseye - 9 x 12" Coil