Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunray X-1 probe

Re: Sunray X-1 probe

Quote Originally Posted by Bentfork View Post
    Angel, do you feel the cable on the probe interferes with the search loop? I've wondered myself about that.

Gary
    I don't believe the cable interferes with the coil, but I haven't tested that belief. It sure did bother me to see it hanging as it did though. Like coinnut indicated, the annoyance was in its getting hooked on other things. I solved my 'problem' by using the method I described above.

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    For me anyways, That cable get in the way when you grab the detector or sometimes it gets hooked on my pouch. But it doesn't interfere with the coil, that I know of. When you use the probe the coil is off, and when you use the coil the probe is off. Both can't be on at the same time. In Angel's case it seem to guide him to silver, like a divining rod
    I want it to guide me to gold, but it keeps refusing to do so.

Well, I just pulled the trigger on a new X-1 probe and a set of Killer B's headphones. They should be in in a few days!
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

the annoyance was in its getting hooked on other things.
    I know what you mean. The cable on my X-1 gets underneath the foot on the upper most part of the shaft below the armrest. When I set the Explorer down I have to pull it out from under it. But the DX-1 on my MXT gets caught on my Lesche digger sheath as I swing.

I was just wondering because of the pics if you experienced some interference with the cable flopping around. It probably is far enough away from the loop, but the cable having wire in it made me wonder...

G.
    MXT, Explorer SE Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bentfork View Post
    I know what you mean. The cable on my X-1 gets underneath the foot on the upper most part of the shaft below the armrest. When I set the Explorer down I have to pull it out from under it. But the DX-1 on my MXT gets caught on my Lesche digger sheath as I swing.

I was just wondering because of the pics if you experienced some interference with the cable flopping around. It probably is far enough away from the loop, but the cable having wire in it made me wonder...

G.
    I haven't experienced any problems actually. When I hold the cable as illustrated above, it remains firmly still - no flopping at all. One of the reasons for my holding it that way is that I didn't want the loose cable to perhaps interfere with the coil's operation. I'm not sure if it does, but I didn't want to take any chances.