Quote Originally Posted by Ill Digger View Post
Here at American Dectectorist we always encourage all of our members to follow the general Metal Detecting Code of Ethics. thumbsup01

Metal Detecting Code of Ethics
I WILL fill all holes and excavations.
I WILL appreciate and protect our heritage of natural resources, wildlife and private property.
I WILL use thoughtfulness, consideration and courtesy at all times.
I WILL build fires in designated or safe places only.
I WILL leave gates as found.
I WILL remove and properly dispose of any trash that I find.
I WILL respect private property and do no metal detecting without the owner's permission.
I WILL observe all laws , whether national , state or local and to aid law enforcement officials whenever possible
I WILL NOT detect in cemeteries.
I WILL NOT steal a friends spot.
I WILL NOT litter.
I WILL NOT destroy property, buildings or what is left of ghost towns and deserted structures.
I WILL NOT tamper with signs, structural facilities or equipment.

As much as our hobby depends on us following these few simple rules. It only makes us, as a whole, look good. Remember that all detectorists may be judged by the example you set. Always conduct yourself with courtesy and consideration for others. thumbsup01
I have made it my way to follow this list but have had to stop TH'ing with others that seem to think that it is a 'Finder's keepers, loser's weepers'. I also remove all trash and recycle what I can as moving trash into the garbage does not solve the real problems.

I have also had to stop TH'ing with a few folks that have stolen sites or locations on a shared site.
I have had to stop TH'ing with some that either reburied their trash finds or would toss them into nearby bushes or on the ground! What is wrong with folks? I carry a 3 gallon bucket with me and place all trash, junk, or what ever name you want to put on finds that are not keepers. I recycle as much as I can, some for cash and the rest at the curbside recycle! I am not saying to haul out all the trash that you find but why not carry out what you can SAFELY carry out? We as TH'ers must start doing what we can to help do what we can to clean up the environment!