Thread: Big Dawg coil

Big Dawg coil

Does anyone here have one of these? Or does anyone here know of someone that does?
    I'm assuming it's a new version of the Bigfoot coil as made by some new company.
    And i am interested as to how well (or not) it works.

(Google &quotig Dawg coil) for link

This is for DFX and other White's machines.
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

Re: Big Dawg coil

It certainly has the same behavior characteristics as the Bigfoot Coil. This should prove to be interesting.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

I googled the heck out of this, and found very little information. If this truly is comparable with the Bigfoot coil, it would have been a lot of work to get this coil working properly. Jimmy Sierra tried for a short while to produce the Bigfoot coil, and then it disappeared off the market. It looks to be the same width as the Bigfoot, but 2 inches longer in length. I would love to get get my hands on one of these coils. You would think that it would be marketed better. There is 2 different web pages associated with it. Both web pages are bare minimum. Hopefully someone will be able to share some more detailed information. I tried to post on the facebook page, but my post was deleted immediately. My comment was about making one for the V3/V3i. Not on topic I guess?

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

I replied to that Post Jack. I thought it was pretty interesting. I don't know why it was deleted? I mean any of the sponsors could carry that coil, it's not a sales link.

If it works on the DFX it should in part work on the V3i, no? Just like other pre V3i coils work on the V3i but maybe not 100%.

I mentioned this section as being interesting also:
    The 20 coil is designed to allow you to distinguish where the target is located by producing a single tone if under the front of the coil, and a double tone if under the back of the coil. To pinpoint, simply pull the pinpoint trigger as you would with any coil, and the back half of the coil will null, allowing you to use only the front half of the coil to pinpoint your target.
    A 20 coil has the scanning height of TWO stock coils! That is insane. Great for picking up shallower coins and maybe jewelry (but I'm not sure if the 22.5kHz will work well). Also, the double beep and pinpointing feature is interesting...

Nice find,
    Albert

I think it is what is referred to as a figure 8 style coil, employing a front to back method as opposed to the side to side of the DD style coil. The Bigfoot works well on the V3/V3i in Single Frequency 2.5 and 7.5, but not in the 22.5, or multi frequency modes. I am guessing this would be the case for this coil as well. The Big Dawg coil seems to be associated with a user that goes by John in NC on some of the other forums, at least he knows a lot about it at this point anyway.

I emailed the company with the following:

Hello,
    A few of us White's V3i users wonder if this coil will work. It works on the DFX so should somewhat function on the V3i. Or is a null coil as White's calls it, especially important with this design?
    Let me know and I'll pass the word on.

Thanks,
    Albert
    And they replied with:

Hello Albert,
    This coil should work fine with the lower frequencies. We had one user contact us and said it worked with all 3 frequencies on his V3 with his beach program. Hope this helps. Thank you for your interest.
    Pinnacle Design Inc.

Thanks for the info EMS!

JohninNC left an answer to my post on the White's forum. I'm trying to see if he did air tests on it to see how deep it will go. At $250.00 it's alot better than the over $400.00 almost $500.00 for a used Bigfoot on E-bay. stay tuned!

He says it airtests a quarter @ 8. HOLY CRAP!!!!!
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2

I ordered one and received it today. My initial test shows a quarter sounding off well at 5 or less. That is with my DFX with the gain at max of 4. The paperwork says that it gets best depth at max gain. Above 5 it only gets a broken signal or none at all. I'm not sure what the best depth was with the bigfoot coil but i would be happy to dig all the quarters up to 4 1/2 to 5 deep.

It comes with a 1 year warranty for material and workmanship. I will be doing more testing. Perhaps with the V3i to see if it does better.

HH/GL
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2

I am very much looking forward to your reports on this coil RaZR! Thanks for following up on this thread. I use the Bigfoot on my DFX with a PAG of 3, and a AC of 76-80 with best data. Try single frequency 7.5 on the V3i. Thanks.

Jack

Early testing with V3i shows these results.

In coin and jewelry with Gain at 7
    Disc at 75
    A.M. at 55
    Coil setting on 4x6 shooter coil. Depth may be off a little because of coil size but not by much.

Freq 7.5 sounded off quite well at up to 6 3/4
    Freq 2.5 sounded off quite well at up to 7 1/4
    3 freq works only up to about 5 about the same as salt compensate.
    All tests were with a clad quarter. (on a stick) (jeff dunham reference)

22.5 freq was not good at all.

I use the Bigfoot on my DFX with a PAG of 3, and a AC of 76-80 with best data. These settings improved tha DFX depth a little.
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2

I will have The Big Dawg Coil in a few days...Let the FUN begin :-) I have 3 BigFOOT coils...now to compair--Eagle SL II/BigFOOT, XLT/BigFOOT, DFX/BigFOOT and the VISION/BigFOOT soon to try the Big Dawg Coil ;-)

http://pinnacledesignnc.com/

Jerry

Looking forward to your observations Jerry! Thanks for your input.

Tested out the BigDawg coil today at the local high school.I set it to only hit on 83 and up. I figured it should hit quarters pretty deep. I had the RX at 5 the Disc at 80 and the AM at 55 in coin and jewelry. Using the 2.5 freq. It gave alot of false signals and overloaded often. Turning the RX down to 4 got rid of most of the falsing. I have to say that i did hit this school before with my DFX and my Bigfoot coil (before it quit working) so i already got quite a few quarters outta there.
    The bigDawg found 5 quarters, none were deeper than a couple inches. The sound of the signal wasn't very crisp either. I will try somewhere else with the DFX and see how well it works on that.

Here's a pic of my findings. The four shiney pennies were found on the ground where i parked. The knife, one dime the nickel and one penny were eyeball surface finds.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2

After testing this coil out on my DFX and comparing it to the Bigfoot coil with the exact same program. I would have to say save your money! The older Bigfoot beat this coil hands down. The signal was crisp and loud over quarters that were up to 4 1/2-5' deep. While the Bigdawg wasn't hitting the deeper ones and alot of the shallow ones gave off crackling sounds. I wouldn't think it would work any better on the V3,V3i. That's my opinion.
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2