Thread: Never know what will turn up.....

Never know what will turn up.....

…that’s what makes this hobby so much fun!! 8)
    Hit the beach for the afternoon low tide with the PI looking for gold or silver, but they eluded me this time. I did get these two coins I found interesting. We get lots of tourists in Santa Cruz, so I guess a couple of them dropped these. They were fairly deep and at the extreme low tide line. The Russian 5 Koiieek was encrusted from being in the salt water. I thought it was a bottlecap because it stuck to the magnet I have in my scoop. The Britsh Penny came out pretty clean. Other than these finds I got a few bucks in clad.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Re: Never know what will turn up.....

yes that is truely what keeps ya interested in the hobby Ron , the unknown and possiblities of what ya find next . cool looking coins .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Wow, great finds Ron! You're right... it is the mystery as well as the history, that I really love about this hobby thumbsup01
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Cool finds, Ron. I love hitting the low tide too. You just never know what will pop into the scoop. It is a lot of fun.

That beats my Memorial pennies by a long shot lol Cool looking coins. thumbsup01
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Cool finds, Comrade!!! lol

Let's go next week. I'll be back for a few days.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    Wow, great finds Ron! You're right... it is the mystery as well as the history, that I really love about this hobby thumbsup01
    I agree....The history is what drives me. I love it! thumbsup01
    He was loyal to his own kith and kin, but stern and unrelenting with his enemies. He was brave, and he loved the stir of battle." Quote from Cornwallace of the British army about settlers in Concord/Charlotte NC. during Rev. War.

8) Very cool Ron! You're so lucky to be living in warmer climate. All I found yesterday was a 1988 penny... only hunted about 15 min it was so cold!
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

I hate the cold...I am usually detecting this time of the year, but noooo. Mother nature has decided we needed a foot of snow this month.... :bangahead01: :bangahead01:.... lol
    He was loyal to his own kith and kin, but stern and unrelenting with his enemies. He was brave, and he loved the stir of battle." Quote from Cornwallace of the British army about settlers in Concord/Charlotte NC. during Rev. War.

Quote Originally Posted by miller6670 View Post
    I hate the cold...I am usually detecting this time of the year, but noooo. Mother nature has decided we needed a foot of snow this month.... :bangahead01: :bangahead01:.... lol
    Someone's not happy lol It seems like a lot of places got dumped on more than usual. I hate to say it, but researching new sites will pay off big time when the snow does melt. That didn't help you Miller6670, did it? lol....OK here's to old man winter :bangahead01: I feel better now lol
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

I'm seeing double from all the research... lol

Guess I'd better not mention our weather out here today!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Nice going SeabeeRon thumbsup01 Yes , the weather has been fantastic here . Unfortunately , I have been too sick with the SWINE/CAMEL Flu to get out >:\ Hope you get more good stuff !! thumbsup01

Baba

Those are some cool coins Ron.
    I'd be tickeled pink with those finds
    Congrats & HH
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Ron,
    You have given me the fever so bad I am logging off and going to look through the furniture loose change...................
    (we are visiting my mother-in-law in a retirement center so the odds are really against me. These folks would stop traffic at LAX to pick up a penny, but a hunt is a hunt)

cb
    Minelab X-70, Vibraprobe

Nice finds... I miss the west.... this cold and snow in the northeast is not for me. My wife loves it, so I tolerate it... but yearn for my years in AZ and TX. (Not CA though, lived there, did not like it, except for northern CA in gold country). RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector