Thread: Polar Chart And Gold Jewelry Display On V3i

Polar Chart And Gold Jewelry Display On V3i

Will there be a second indicator besides the 22.5 line? Does gold jewelry give 7.5 and/or 2.5 indicators in tandem with the 22.5? So far the low Vdi numbers(0 to 13) have given mostly just the blue, 22.5 khz line, and it was can slaw.

What do you see different on a polar chart when you've actually detected over buried gold jewelry, rather than plain ol' can slaw? Do you get the same a-ha moment for gold, like you do for a dime or quarter polar representation, Yep that's a dime!, and Hey that's gold! What will I see different in polar for gold jewelry, compared to a small piece of can slaw on the chart? Can slaw is really getting old to dig. is the green or red lines easily depictive along with the blue? Can slaw is 90% of the time just a blue spike all by itself.

I don't have gold jewelry to play with. The ex made sure that left with her. Thanks. martin

Re: Polar Chart And Gold Jewelry Display On V3i

Hey Martin, You know many of us that have used the V3i for a while now don't even use the analysis features anymore. I did at first but haven't in a while. Though I see your point, there does seem to be a place for it with jewelry at least. I stopped as it just took too long but really, if one practices it shouldn't take that long.

Now, there is a guy in Germany (Reiner) who is pretty good with the V3i. He is VERY well regarded here. He says he can often tell the difference between pull tabs and gold rings using the sizing (bell curve looking) analysis screen. I know someone called him out on the forums with a post and pictures of the two analysis screens, saying Can you tell me which is the gold ring. He did...

I'll post his translated (badly) post with imagines. Perhaps by studying the broken German as well as the images you can see a difference. I spent some time (with my bad German) cleaning it up, though the last paragraph I couldn't get any better. I think he is saying there are differences but when the pull tab type changes, all bets are off. I guess just study the images but again, the images will change (e.g. pull tabs) with the type.

What I get out of the polar plot is that the 22.5 line is longer on the rings and the 7.5 line is longer on the pull tab (first image of 4 pics). Maybe this is a starting point? Or is it just because the VDI number is higher or lower for a certain freq?

[size=13pt]Here I have illustrated pull tabs for you a few comparisons of gold rings. The background showing my bathing program, which Eisenkronkorken to 99% filtered out. As the DFX , the Spectra filter out the caps using a special function without adverse effect on gold rings.

The first picture shows the 3-frequency analysis mode. The Aluminum pull tab shows the 22.5 kHz and 7.5 kHz frequency to be almost the same, the two curves are superimposed. The three different gold rings are different though, especially on the 22.5 kHz and the two lower frequencies well below it in stages. Unfortunately I have not found a gold ring that also outputs the same as the high conductance pull tab. But the ratio of the frequency curves would then still be similar. It is also important that the % indicator is up, this exactly tells us the conductance. Thereupon falls after the conductance my first glance, then the curves in Analsysemodus.

Polar Plot is the second image. The same comparison shows the polar plot. Here it is also easy to recognize the differences. By clicking on the image, you can have added to this, the update to the i version, change the new mode. Despite the analytical choices of course, there remains a relatively small risk if the targets are not pull tabs. I've noticed for example that this analysis works well only with the newer varieties of the same old pull tabs. The old, big lugs have a conductance of +48, which must then learn also all over again. - But, as written, the experience scale and the user's creativity is decisive here.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Can slaw is what plagues me here. Most looks like Ring#2 but with more of a 80, 13 blue line, and just a 2.5/7.5 wad instead of any line at all. I wonder how the tests here would hold up if we were talking about small women's rings or ear ring studs, compared against can slaw, in the ground.

After studying your pictures I'm wondering if I could have maybe passed up a ring or two at a baseball/soccer field hunt a while back. I passed on several VDI signals in the 30s and 40s after digging so many pull tab segments. In retrospect, I'd probably pass on most of them again, because the analyze screens for most all of all the tabs I dug, had nothing special in 2.5 and 7.5 legs. There's also so many added variables when you add in an actual buried target. I assume that these you posted were all air tests. martin

I'm really no expert here and actually I don't think there are many when it comes to the analysis screens. You just don't see many people posting about them

The pictures were taken from Reiner's post btw - they aren't mine (if you meant that.)

I really think the best thing to do would be to get a few pieces of can slaw along with some rings that have a similar VDI and just start comparing them with the different analysis screens and don't forget pinpoint too. I would just look for trends or averages. If you use the analysis you are going to miss jewelry as there are just too many variables. But I liken it to using discrimination, you will lose coins but perhaps it will speed up your hunt and therefor actually get you more in the end?

That said, it ain't about quantity it's about quality (in this case having fun.) And it just might be fun to see what you can come up with, even if it takes more time.

Good luck and report back as I'm sure other could use your findings.
    EMS

Quote Originally Posted by earthmansurfer View Post
    Hey Martin, You know many of us that have used the V3i for a while now don't even use the analysis features anymore. I did at first but haven't in a while. Though I see your point, there does seem to be a place for it with sale of seashells. I stopped as it just took too long but really, if one practices it shouldn't take that long.

Now, there is a guy in Germany (Reiner) who is pretty good with the V3i. He is VERY well regarded here. He says he can often tell the difference between pull tabs and gold rings using the sizing (bell curve looking) analysis screen. I know someone called him out on the forums with a post and pictures of the two analysis screens, saying Can you tell me which is the gold ring. He did...

I'll post his translated (badly) post with imagines. Perhaps by studying the broken German as well as the images you can see a difference. I spent some time (with my bad German) cleaning it up, though the last paragraph I couldn't get any better. I think he is saying there are differences but when the pull tab type changes, all bets are off. I guess just study the images but again, the images will change (e.g. pull tabs) with the type.

What I get out of the polar plot is that the 22.5 line is longer on the rings and the 7.5 line is longer on the pull tab (first image of 4 pics). Maybe this is a starting point? Or is it just because the VDI number is higher or lower for a certain freq?
    Hi
    How accurately V3i works???