Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pepsi - hunting. Or digging in the rocks.

Re: Pepsi - hunting. Or digging in the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster link=topic=8285.msg93882#msg93882 date=1324573262
    What a great hunt!!! The stone in the ring looks like a red ruby. That blackened silver will polish up like new. I use an electrical powered buffer to do this kind of work. But you must use a ring sizing stick (or any stick that you have tappered on the end) on which to mount your ring when polishing to prevent it from flying off and disappearing in you shop. I have several pieces that have gone missing, so I learned my lesson the hard way. I don't let it happen anymore, and some day when I clean my garage, I'll find those missing pieces of treasure. HH

Thank you friend for your advice
    I'll be careful with it.
    I have no experience - a clean ring. I have them (Silver) for more than 20 pieces, but I did not clean .... Just in a box and hide

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Very nice hunt, you guys in Europe have it so nice with the age range of your finds. A long old history. What kind of detector are you using?

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Fighter 43 link=topic=8285.msg93886#msg93886 date=1324575290
    Very nice hunt, you guys in Europe have it so nice with the age range of your finds. A long old history. What kind of detector are you using?
    Hi friend.
    I hunt 14 months.
    The first 11 months I had an ace-250 and a large coil of (Hel tornado 28 cm)
    In this semtember - I buy Teknetiks T2.
    The place where I live seyas. I've seen hunters from Poland and Germany. People come to us in the South. They hunted for ancient coins. The Greeks - Coins

Quote Originally Posted by serega link=topic=8285.msg93884#msg93884 date=1324573823
    It's rubbish to dig today. It's rubbish
    arrow
    coins of the Soviet Union
    coins of Ukraine
    Buttons (made in china)
    copper ring
    Remains of ancient coins (Istria) Ikakoyo piece of copper
    2 antique pryalitse

The end
    Hello friend,

I really like the silver colored coin with the wings and a 5 on it. Will you trade it for American silver coin? PM me if interested. THanks, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger link=topic=8285.msg93909#msg93909 date=1324580980
    Hello friend,

I really like the silver colored coin with the wings and a 5 on it. Will you trade it for American silver coin? PM me if interested. THanks, Dave.

friend
    I do not know how to do it? In my country there is a restriction on the coins. They (the Act) prohibit the export of coins to us - over 50 years. :-\
    I know - from Ukraine to the U.S. people - send coins (old) But I do not know - how do they do it.

I also want your coins from the U.S.. Even just a modern one. But I can not send you from the Ukraine (they will arrest me)
    I have only 5 с USA 1986
    And I'm glad this coin 5с 1986 . (I found it in the trash - in Kiev)

ps 5 its no coin \:[

Very interesting story and photos! Thank you for your reports, Serge, they show us a whole other world of detecting. It is fascinating to see those ancient coins and relics!

But sorry, I'm a Coca-Cola drinker! lol
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Veteran Member

looks like a great hunt to me .. nice finds. the oldest coin i found today was from 1942
    im an american proud and free, a son of the south dont tread on me

Quote Originally Posted by russellt link=topic=8285.msg93968#msg93968 date=1324605175
    looks like a great hunt to me .. nice finds. the oldest coin i found today was from 1942
    I envy you.
    We do not have here a coin - 1942.
    This year, our country had a strong impact Hitler (This is the year the Soviet Union made ​​very few coins)
    1942 is cool |

In 1942. Coins do in the city of Leningrad (St. Petersburg)
    But the town was surrounded and blockade

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent link=topic=8285.msg93953#msg93953 date=1324601854
    Very interesting story and photos! Thank you for your reports, Serge, they show us a whole other world of detecting. It is fascinating to see those ancient coins and relics!

But sorry, I'm a Coca-Cola drinker! lol
    Yes ! Drink
    PEPSI IS GOOD |
    And Coka - good

Thanks for the great photos and stories Interesting finds in another land- love the picture of the ring on the rocks I'll be looking for your posts.
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Quote Originally Posted by tanacat link=topic=8285.msg94036#msg94036 date=1324664465
    Thanks for the great photos and stories Interesting finds in another land- love the picture of the ring on the rocks I'll be looking for your posts.
    Yes - ring a beautiful place, on the rocks.
    2 days ago - was a storm. And the water is thrown on the ring stones.
    This is the water and fish give for my - these ornaments.
    I will continue to do for you and reports to show their juvelire, coins and different stuff.

Hello Friend from across the sea. Thanks for the very interesting story of your day of hunting. It was a great read. Especialy with the photos to go along with it. I also have a Teknetics T2. Very good machine! I just bought one of the new 15 DD search coils. Met a friend up north Michigan. Right across the road from my property. Said his family had a house there in 1900. He gave me permission to hunt the area. If I would split the gold. I told him no problem! Going to save that hunt for the spring. When the weeds are still flat to the ground. Hope you have many more great hunts! Take Care. Roger over and out!
    2012 count: 99 silvers, 3 V Nickels, 4 War Nickles, 2 Gold Rings, 17 Silver Rings, 6 Buffallo Nickels,2 silver braclets, silver cross: 2013 1 Silver, 2 Silver rings, 1 Sterling Neckless with heart charm

Quote Originally Posted by starman2 link=topic=8285.msg94155#msg94155 date=1324748785
    Hello Friend from across the sea. Thanks for the very interesting story of your day of hunting. It was a great read. Especialy with the photos to go along with it. I also have a Teknetics T2. Very good machine! I just bought one of the new 15 DD search coils. Met a friend up north Michigan. Right across the road from my property. Said his family had a house there in 1900. He gave me permission to hunt the area. If I would split the gold. I told him no problem! Going to save that hunt for the spring. When the weeds are still flat to the ground. Hope you have many more great hunts! Take Care. Roger over and out!
    Hi friend.
    Yes T2 is a good machine, especially for the beach and the trash.
    But I soon want to search for treasure in the ravines and the field
    I also want to buy a large spool 15. But I think the 2 options
    Or for an ace or T2. Just for two is expensive. $ 300
    Ace for $ 130 (My old coil 28 cm(14) died. There's broken wire :-\)
    I'll probably ace for. But it teknetiks, Prince bins
    You have a good place problemma long search? Yeah?
    I not have problemma. I have a lot of ground to hunt and I'm here almost always the hunt.

Places where I hunt - it's not private. We have a lot of places - for free to go and hunt
    If I need on the private (95% owner do not mind)
    If there is a ban on hunting, I crept up the night, and digging at night. Night - I keep from evil men

I always enjoy your photos. I see you ride a motor bike. I also use a motorcyle sometimes when I go metal detecting. If you wish to have some US coins for your collection, PM me and I am sure we can make a trade of some sort. Merry Christmas & happy hunting.
    E-Trac & MXT

Your knowledge of all those coins is amazing. Looks like your scooter really gets a workout. Congrats on all your finds
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff link=topic=8285.msg94241#msg94241 date=1324818057
    Your knowledge of all those coins is amazing. Looks like your scooter really gets a workout. Congrats on all your finds
    OK
    SCOOTER OK ))))))

What a great hunt you had, great recoveries. Beautiful ring. Rubbish you recovered, for me would be exciting finds. You just never know what you are going to find. Pepsi hunting and digging on the rocks make for a great day. Congratulations. Thank you for posting.
    Digger of dirt and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by firstring link=topic=8285.msg94285#msg94285 date=1324833544
    What a great hunt you had, great recoveries. Beautiful ring. Rubbish you recovered, for me would be exciting finds. You just never know what you are going to find. Pepsi hunting and digging on the rocks make for a great day. Congratulations. Thank you for posting.
    Thank you friend, I'm glad

Serge, thank you for sharing your hunting stories. It is wonderful to be able to see and hear these stories from your country. It is a wonder to us to see these old items, because our country does not have the history that yours does. Thank you again for sharing with us.
    Oldest Coin: 1846 LC

Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by Mudder link=topic=8285.msg94409#msg94409 date=1324953954
    It is wonderful to be able to see and hear these stories from your country. It is a wonder to us to see these old items, because our country does not have the history that yours does.
    thumbsup01 I agree! Your thread is popular over here Serega! Please share more of your finds
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP