Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E-Trac - Water damage

Re: E-Trac - Water damage

Quote Originally Posted by earthmansurfer link=topic=8369.msg97041#msg97041 date=1326789666
    That is great to hear! No charge. You know I think Minelab is really trying to turn around their previous bad customer service rap. And from more recent posts I think they are doing so.

I actually had some condensation under my screen yesterday. It was a circular 2 pattern and it slowly went away. Maybe because it was around freezing or below freezing? I did hunt in a light drizzle last week and wonder if water got in. At one point the detector acted really chatty and then quieted up after a restart. Think it's behind me...
    I think you need to be really careful with your E-Trac around water - even light rain. Don't let the vent in the back fool you. Water may run off of that and not get in but the control box housing very susceptible to water intrusion.
    Fisher CZ21, Excalibur II 800 (scuba), Minelab X-Terra 705, DeepTech Vista SMART, AKA Sorex Pro, Fisher CZ70Pro, Fish CZ3D

Update: The technician at Minelab said 2 of the the control housing screws did not have a good tight seat so the two halves didn't have a good seal. I think this is what caused the water damage. I was pretty careful to only run a little water over the housing. Anyway, the tech said they replaced the housing so it would have a good seal.

That being said, you should be very careful with water around the housing. Use a damp rag - not running (or trickling) water.
    Fisher CZ21, Excalibur II 800 (scuba), Minelab X-Terra 705, DeepTech Vista SMART, AKA Sorex Pro, Fisher CZ70Pro, Fish CZ3D

Got the E-Trac back today as good as new. Minelab's service was excellent.

Good to hear you got your baby back all fixed up and ready for the treasures of 2012. Good luck!
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

Thanks! I sure enjoyed tearing the face off of it!

That happened to me once too...

Never Again! Yep, more weight but it never gets dirty and it looks kind of cool. Essentially, its a custom made replacement base with a sling swivel mount. I can connect and disconnect the expandable rifle bipod legs in about 15 seconds. Added height is 13-23 inches, very stable - even in the sand!

That is a sweet setup!