Thread: Disappointed with the F2 :(

Disappointed with the F2 :(

Went out today for my first hunt with my dad who got his F2 at the same time that I did but has been sick. We got them so we could hunt together. It didn't take us too long to figure out that we can't be within about 60 feet of each other or both machines go crazy. I asked about this before we even ordered them and was told they would be fine swinging together

Not sure what I can do about it if anything... for now we can't hunt in the same area at the same time tho and that really sucks. Even on the lowest sensitivity setting on both MD they go nuts any closer than 25-30ft.

Any suggestions?!
    2013: 2 Silvers - 1 Indian - 11 Wheats - $9.14 Clad

Re: Disappointed with the F2 :(

hey Atokad ,most detectors have a standard opperating frequency that they run on but some mid-range and upper end detectors have a frequency adjustment setting so two like detectors can share a relatively close area. if yours comes with a setting either you or your dad would have to make the change and they shouldn't interfere to bad , check your user manual and let us know .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

The F2 doesn't have that setting :-\

It looks like the only way to be able to hunt with my dad is to get a different detector. Sure we can go to the same place and just stay away from each other but that isn't why we bought these things lol

I'm looking at maybe trading out my F2 for an ACE 250 or just saving up and getting an AT Pro later in the year. I don't feel comfortable getting another Fisher to try and hunt with him.

I feel badly. I'm one who didn't foresee any interference issues, having hunted my F2 around others quite often.

I don't doubt your issue is real. At first, I thought you both might be in a high EMI environment at the particular site, but get the feeling you've tried another location already. Sixty feet is a long way for detector-to-detector interference.

I suggest taking both machines back to the dealer and comparing a third F2 with each.

I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Yea we tried several places! It is the same under power lines as it is out in the middle of an open field. Please don't feel bad tho, I don't think it was malicious intent or anything rofl

He bought them back in early Nov. as gifts so we are past the 30 day return policy even if they hadn't been used. I am just going to save all my finds and maybe use that to help me buy a different brand. Of course I need to find something valuable first >:{

Its not the Fisher. As they said, you gotta have the freq. adjustment. Kinda sucks that you gotta get the higher end detectors to get this. But hey, it is what it is. Good luck and HH.
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

If You haven't filled out the Warranty and sent it in, they will probably take it back, and let you get another one that will be compatible. I was able to exchange one once that way.

Sorry I had not realized that you posted in Jan.