Thread: my finds for 2011,fur trade items, trade silver....

my finds for 2011,fur trade items, trade silver....

Hello all, new to the site and sorta new at MD'ing, been doing it for about a year and hope you enjoy seeing some of my finds, some misch iron relics, indian trade silver, fur trade items, etc. i am hunting a site that seems to have tons of trade fur items and other indian relics. i am hooked on MD and can't wait to get out this weekend. not sure what all my finds are, but definitely fun to find them....... happy hunting.
    Attached Images Attached Images         

Re: my finds for 2011,fur trade items, trade silver....

great items Abucooche , i see alot of older trade musket side plates , an escutcheon plate or two some brass aglets , tinkle cones . wow very cool older fur trade silver , even what looks like a trade ax , very nice area your working .

thanks for showing .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Thanks for posting. Looks like your 1st year has gone well for you. Are the silver trade items on the right hand side of the picture? Glad to see that you are still able to get out, us here in the NE are frozen in.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

yes the trade silver are are the right side, they are very tiny, should have put an object near them to show the measurements. well, hate to brag....it's 70 here and very nice weather, but unusual, for january!
    thanks for looking....

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=8678.msg97810#msg97810 date=1327393998
    great items Abucooche , i see alot of older trade musket side plates , an escutcheon plate or two some brass aglets , tinkle cones . wow very cool older fur trade silver , even what looks like a trade ax , very nice area your working .

thanks for showing .

Dan
    sorry to be dumb, but what is an escutcheon platethinkingabout:

Quote Originally Posted by abucooche link=topic=8678.msg97827#msg97827 date=1327429204
    sorry to be dumb, but what is an escutcheon platethinkingabout:
    sorry , an escutcheon plate is a brass decorative plate also known as a thumb or wrist plate on a gun or musket , they can be a decorative piece to old furniture too. but yours looks like its for a musket. the pieces all look early 1700's to me is this when your fur trade area took place or was it much earlier?

Dan

dan, thanks for the info, i am slowly learning about the items i am finding. also, re: 1700's, i have had a few people tell me that some of the items are from that time period, so 1700's is probably a good answer. but the research i have done at the library may suggest an earlier time as well. so, really don't know the correct answer.

well just from the gun parts most of the sideplates look to around the time of Queen Ann (1704-1717) as the pieces look like early english fowler serpentine decorative plates similar to these . these muskets were common and used to trade to early fur trappers and Indians.

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Wow, you found lots of neat relics. Very impressive....70s in January?..how sweet is that...
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing your finds- very interesting to learn about some of these items | I'll be keeping an eye out for your 2012 finds The only things I find from 1700's here in Central Ky are buttons...
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Wow!! You had a great first year. It will only get better as you gain experience. Good luck in 2012 and HH.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber